SD and seat position

Dopple

I was interested in growth as a logarithm of wealth as a topic and stumbled across an article that said there was greater variance at 3rd base than at first. 3rd must be still be the best place to play because the added information obtained prior to the hit decision outweighs the downside of the extra variance. Please chime in.

DoubleOnHard20

Blackjack Apprenticeship made a video about this:

He doesn't mention single deck, but it should be better than the results for double deck.

Also, at 0:27, Colin shows some simulations that he ran.
He should be sued for copyright infringement. He doesn't respect human rights. Right, Don?

Last edited:

Dopple

Again I want to thank Don and Norm for all they have done for the industry. Regardless of what is legal I respect their property rights just as a matter of principle.

Dopple said:
Again I want to thank Don and Norm for all they have done for the industry. Regardless of what is legal I respect their property rights just as a matter of principle.
And besides, indexes are overrated.

Dopple

So your on the last hand with a max bet out on a full table with deep pen, the count can change dramatically, that would be an exception. Third base is just automatically a heat maker though.