Shoe or no?

Is it more profittable to play single or double decks, or the shoe games. Im not sure because each has its advantages and disadvantages. IVe only ever played in AC because of proximity and have played the shoe games. Some of the runs Ive had have been unbelievable, like +13 TC, and still the cards dont fall. Maybe playing with less cards would be more advantageous. Let me know, thanks.

Mikeaber

WarEagle34 said:
Is it more profittable to play single or double decks, or the shoe games. Im not sure because each has its advantages and disadvantages. IVe only ever played in AC because of proximity and have played the shoe games. Some of the runs Ive had have been unbelievable, like +13 TC, and still the cards dont fall. Maybe playing with less cards would be more advantageous. Let me know, thanks.
WarEagle, I think there is a bit more complexity to the answer than a simple yes or no to shoe versus hand play. What are the differences in rules? That would be required information in determining the house edge which would be one of two factors in answering you. Secondly, how deeply do the dealers penetrate the deck before reshuffling the cards?

I watched the dealers at Golden Gate (Fremont St in Vegas) dealing a 6-deck shoe. They were reshuffling the six decks after dealing out only half the cards! I've seen single deck games where less than half the deck was dealt before reshuffling. Same thing with Double Deck. Penetration really is important and can account for you seeing a high count but nothing but small cards falling....the faces could all be hidden behind the cut card!

Generally speaking though, the fewer the decks, the better the game. Again, that statement will be true or false depending on the differences in the table rules. One in particular is the Blackjack payout on single deck games. In a lot of places, it is 6:5 rather than 3:2. You will want to avoid that game pretty much at any cost.

newyorkbear

As a rule,the lesser the decks,the better the games.
I prefer double deck myself,mostly because if I screw up the count,I can flat bet for a shorter time before starting with a fresh deck.
I've never played DD dealt face-up,but it looks like I will be next visit.Should be easier to keep track with cards dealt face up.