Sidecounting aces

FLASH1296

If you have a POSITIVE running count the adjustment for there being

a maximum deficit of aces will likely reduce that count to neutral or negative.

Without blackjacks being possible, you must take a hike.

There will also be a poor result to ALL doubles and some splits as well.

Look at the converse situation, where you have a maximum surplus of Aces.

With a moderate NEGATIVE running count you are enjoying an advantage.

jerseyshop101 said:
Doing a little Ace-counting research and figured I'd bump this thread :)

A while back, I witnessed a player join the table very late in the shoe, place a table max bet and then state he feels lucky for a blackjack. Hand is dealt, player loses. Guy on 3rd base tells him there was no chance he was going to get a blackjack. The player asks him how does he know that, and the guy tells him that all 24 aces were dealt out already. Player says he wished he would of known that before he placed his bet, and that he wouldn't want to play Blackjack if there was no chance of getting a Blackjack. He then left the table.

Has anyone considered wonging out when all the Aces are dealt out, even if the running/true count is in the positive?
If the count is very positive you still have a good chance for doubles and splits. I am not sure what the statistics say but no soft doubles, dealer or player blackjacks or facing a dealer ace. Probably don't want to split tens even if the count calls for it. No doubling 10 v T but 11 doubles are stronger. All 10 doubles are weakened. No aces to split. Dealer 6 upcard is much weaker than when aces present. The RC adjustment to my ace neutral count is -12 to -20 depending on the pen. If the adjusted TC said to stay I might make a smaller bet than otherwise but I would play if it was still an advantage TC. If too many rounds left walk.

Last edited:

FLASH1296

Side-Counted Aces adjust the Running Count / True Count for Bet Sizing.

Why do you think that we take the effort to do it ? Doh' !