single deck, low min, bet, and 3/2 bj/promotions

Caesar

I will be in Vegas with a friend next week. He is learning how to count, but he's not very skilled yet. :) I'm a basic strategy player who usually plays poker.
We'd like to know of single deck games with 3/2 payouts and low minimum bets. Also, are there any blackjack promotions anywhere?
We both have a copy of the ACG.

shadroch

The Western( not the Westin) and El Cortez have such games. Western is sometimes a $3 table, EC is $5 for SD. Very good DD games abound off-strip, but thats about it for 3-2 SD, as far as I know..

SystemsTrader

shadroch said:
The Western( not the Westin) and El Cortez have such games. Western is sometimes a $3 table, EC is $5 for SD. Very good DD games abound off-strip, but thats about it for 3-2 SD, as far as I know..
Shad have you been to the Western recently? Last time I was there they no longer had single deck?

shadroch

SystemsTrader said:
Shad have you been to the Western recently? Last time I was there they no longer had single deck?
It's been awhile since I was actually in the place, but in late May they had a billboard advertising it.

Last edited:

Albee

Was in LV last week

Western has a shoe game.

Binions had one single deck, 3:2 game....$25. minimum

ElCo has single and double decks, 3:2 min $5 or 10 depending on time of day.

Other downtown stores had 'super fun 21' single deck.....either 6:5 or even pay for BJ's.....most had 3:2 double deck, but one or two had no double after splitting.

Elco is the store to learn at.......

shadroch

Albee said:
Western has a shoe game.

Binions had one single deck, 3:2 game....$25. minimum

ElCo has single and double decks, 3:2 min $5 or 10 depending on time of day.

Other downtown stores had 'super fun 21' single deck.....either 6:5 or even pay for BJ's.....most had 3:2 double deck, but one or two had no double after splitting.

Elco is the store to learn at.......
EC didn't have it's $3 game? I'd be suprised if thats the case.

Caesar

Downtown here we come!

Looks like the few options available are downtown. That's fine, as we were planning to go down there anyway. Thanks for the information. We're looking forward to our trip.

shadroch

Sucker said:
Yeah - we CERTAINLY can't have people learning about the history of old Las Vegas.:grin:

Las Vegas doesn't care about its history. Why should I?
What I'd like to avoid is the Ec being overun with touristas.

ihate17

The Spaniard is

Sucker said:
If you go to the El Cortez, you may want to bring your gun; for self protection.
The Sweaty Spaniard is the Bellagio compared to the Western.
Now if you go to the Western not only bring your gun but make sure you have had all your shots.

ihate17