Some insight has come to me

ccibball50

SD Padres said:
I just think the "long run" is a BS concept. And...to package it in a time frame is dangerous. However, I believe that if you have not doubled your bank after 50k hands then either you are playing with an inferior system, playing inferior games or your skills may not be as sharp as you believed them to be.

Again, the "long run"i s an elusive concept and I suppose everyone has a deifferent definition of what that may be. :)
Your entire basis for being up after 50k hands is based on the long run. You are using the long run to make your desicions. If the long run is a bs concept, the your statement is BS since it is based on the long run.

However I ageree to an extent that "to package it in a time fram is dangerous" I think that 50k and more is not dangerous though. the problem is if someone equates the long run too short.

SD Padres

ccibball50 said:
Your entire basis for being up after 50k hands is based on the long run. You are using the long run to make your desicions. If the long run is a bs concept, the your statement is BS since it is based on the long run.

However I ageree to an extent that "to package it in a time fram is dangerous" I think that 50k and more is not dangerous though. the problem is if someone equates the long run too short.
I think we are all saying the same thing to a certain degree. What is the "long run"??? Who the heck knows. Is it 5k, 50k 500k hands? I have no clue.
Can we just let this concept die on the vine???:)

ccibball50

SD Padres said:
I think we are all saying the same thing to a certain degree. What is the "long run"??? Who the heck knows. Is it 5k, 50k 500k hands? I have no clue.
Can we just let this concept die on the vine???:)
Sure why not :)