Some more questions about Zen indices

Zexika

I've memorized about 80 indices above TC>=-4.

I've replaced/added indices from http://blackjackforumonline.com/content/Zen_Count_Indices.htm on CVCX, and result shows tiny bit less profit than HiOptII full indices with ASC and tiny bit less RoR. I'm glad I ditched HiOptII with ASC. I'm definitely sure I can play faster without having to make ASC adjustment glancing at the discard tray, then doing another addition/subtraction, then pulling indice out of my head... btw only 6/8 deck shoes around me.

Now Issue is...

I can't find indice for Hit/Stay 16vs8, 15vs8 14vs8, 16vs7, 15vs7, 14vs7 anywhere ._. All other counts seem to have those indices but Zen doesn't!!! I believe those are needed when I have my max bets out. Maybe those doesn't effect long term much, but I'm still novice so, who am I to make estimated guesses at these things.

Zen experts, how do you play those hands? I could be wrong, but Zen just seems to have less indices overall.

DSchles

The indices (by the way: one INDEX, many indices. There is no such word as "indice") you are asking about are very high and are almost never used. It's possible that your source for the Zen indices just cut off at some predetermined upper level that excluded them from the list.

Just sim them in CVData to get whatever you want, but understand that knowing them is practically worthless to your bottom line.

Don

DSchles

xengrifter said:
It is not incorrect to say "indexes," however.
No, not at all. But the word index has several different uses. When we're talking about a number, like the consumer price index, or a stock index, either plural is correct and both are widely accepted. However, when you're talking about a book index, the only acceptable plural is indexes. You can't say, for example, "the two indices of the books were very thorough."

Don

Zexika

DSchles said:
The indices (by the way: one INDEX, many indices. There is no such word as "indice") you are asking about are very high and are almost never used. It's possible that your source for the Zen indices just cut off at some predetermined upper level that excluded them from the list.

Just sim them in CVData to get whatever you want, but understand that knowing them is practically worthless to your bottom line.

Don
You mean CVData will "Make" indices? How do I do that?

Zexika

xengrifter said:
Are you using a true count adjustment per deck, or per quarterdeck?
Per deck. It's quite a headache haha. Wish I knew top 30 indices or so that really matters but I can't tell. I18 just isn't enough for satisfaction.

Zexika said:
Per deck. It's quite a headache haha. Wish I knew top 30 indices or so that really matters but I can't tell. I18 just isn't enough for satisfaction.
I gave you the hands, in ZGI...
... And you know where to find the actual numbers, in the Snyder article. There, done.

Zexika

DSchles said:

Don
I18 vs full indices show 3-4% diff so does seem worth it in a way, but excluding TC+15 indices show about same result as full so yeah, you are right about very high TC indices makes virtually no difference.

Zexika

xengrifter said:
I gave you the hands, in ZGI...
... And you know where to find the actual numbers, in the Snyder article. There, done.
Oh, I thought those were off top of your head haha. Thanks ZG, as always!!