split 44 or double?

iCountNTrack

QFIT said:
Sorry, I just don't accept CA calculations for counting strategies, even to one decimal, much less 12.
True, difficult to reconcile CA and card counting theory there are two problems a) you cant make a conclusion based only on one composition because there are many many compositions for a particular TC. b) Cut-card effect, for a CA we need to have a fixed number of rounds

12 decimals are accurate hehehe :)

QFIT

Ran 60 billion rounds. 44v5 split certainly increases win rate of that hand. But, overall DI barely budged. Moved up .02, and that could very well change with another 60 billion.:) This was six deck.Personally, I don’t bother with that index.

For the fun of it, I ran some more sims to look at the percentage of time doubling 44v5 wins (excluding pushes) at various counts:

Bacchante

again thanx for all the input and discussion on the subject--- btw I play HiLo with I18 (so 7's are neutral)--- and what I'm seeing from all the posts is double the 44 vs 6 (at TC+2) and split 'em vs 5 at it's otherwise doubling index.

I agree, because you are playing against the dealers 'weak spot,' a five or six, so why not play two hands? And when the count is higher, even better!