Super Bowl Sunday: a good day to play?

JJP

I have to believe it is. The "A" teams for the pit and surveillance may very well be off tomorrow, or if they are working, they are likely to be distracted. I also have found big sporting events are a good excuse to wong out, esp. if one has already used up the bathroom exits.

KewlJ

During the game is actually a very good time to play in Vegas. Lots of tables open, just waiting for the game to end and players to spend their winnings or try to win back their losses.

This year though, as a die-hard Eagles fan, I will be home watching the game, hoping to plan a quick trip to Philly for a parade this coming week. When I moved away from Philly, I said I would never return during December, January or February, but am willing to make an exception. ;)

I am kinda surprised you would ever go back to philly period or admit to being a fan. Seems like a terrible place, lots of angry people. One bridge having, old ass city.

KewlJ

mcallister3200 said:
I am kinda surprised you would ever go back to philly period or admit to being a fan. Seems like a terrible place, lots of angry people. One bridge having, old ass city.
That proves you don't know Philly or the people. I go back twice a year. Great place, with many great friends and people.

What you and others view as angry people are passionate fans. While I have only been an Eagles fan since I moved to Philadelphia in 2001, many fans including my spouse, born in the early 1960's have literally been waiting their whole lives for a Superbowl win. It's a 'bucket list' thing. And some like my grandfather, never got to cross that off before passing. Hopefully this year. :)

I have been there a few times. Must be an “acquired taste” sort of thing. I still think the cheez whiz may have zapped your memory if you think there’s not a disproportionate amount of angry people there

21forme

KewlJ said:
What you and others view as angry people are passionate fans.
You call them passioante fans. I call them Neanderthals, no different from the soccer "fans" of Europe.

mcallister3200 said:
Must be an “acquired taste” sort of thing.
Philly often gets a bad rap. I attribute that to poor marketing that's been unchanged for years. When people think of early American history, they think Boston. However, Phillay's colonial history is just as rich, with most historic sites within a 6 or so block radius. Very much a worthwhile tourist destination. The Pats/Genos thing is simply a tourist trap. Their cheesesteaks are not good.

I'm Canadian and visited quite a number of US cities for my job. Although I'm sure the people in Philly are nice and love their Eagles, the city desperately needs to be gentrified. Some of the neighbourhoods I've passed though a few years ago look exactly the same as the ones in Rocky (the first one).

Congratulations. I won all my prop bets but 1, not a huge score, but good times. Maybe now since philly won something they can stop making those damn rocky movies.

JJP

KewlJ said:
During the game is actually a very good time to play in Vegas. Lots of tables open, just waiting for the game to end and players to spend their winnings or try to win back their losses.

This year though, as a die-hard Eagles fan, I will be home watching the game, hoping to plan a quick trip to Philly for a parade this coming week. When I moved away from Philly, I said I would never return during December, January or February, but am willing to make an exception. ;)
Congrats. I'm happy for Foles. He had a phenomenal season in 2013 and Chip Kelly got all the credit. Then the regression hit and he was labeled as bad. Maybe it wasn't all Chip Kelly.

I was on the Eagles and the over and caught a big break late in the game on one of my props: I had the Eagles to kick the longest FG. Gostkowski had already kicked a 45 yarder for the Pats, but with 1 minute to play, Elliot boots a 46 yarder. And Zach Ertz over 58 1/2 receiving yards came down to late in the game. He was at 55 yards when he caught the 11 yard TD, which ended up being reviewed.