TC Question for Mentor-Fred

AussiePlayer said:
I am considering switching from HiLo to Mentor, although I usually play shoe games, I'd like to have a count that can take advantage of good pitch games if/when I find them. How well does the 2DTC work in a SD game?
Would work great, look:

RC +2

#Dks = TC
2.0 = +2
1.5 = +3
1.0 = +4
.85 = +5
.75 = +6
.65 = +7
.50 = +8
.40 = +10
.33 = +13
.25 = +16

Last edited:

Deathclutch

Let's say there are two counts:

Count 1
All index plays figured for 1 deck true count
Optimal bet spread for 1 deck true count

Count 2
All index plays figured for 2 deck true count
Optimal bet spread for 2 deck true count
(I've set up the Custom True Count in CVData in the same manner as the Mentor count, except instead of using 1/3 I've been using .33. Would that make a difference? I'm going to change those right now actually. Edit: Can't be done I guess.)

Everything else about the two are exactly the same. Is there any reason that count 1 would outperform count 2? I have been running some sims, and the 1 deck true count keeps outperforming the 2 deck true count, but that is contrary to what I expect my results to be.

Last edited:

Deathclutch

ThePloppyInTheAlohaShirt said:
2-deck true count - This true count is computed by dividing the running count by the number of 2 deck packets remaining in the shoe.
- Alternatively, the 2DTC can by computed by multiplying the running count by 2 and then dividing the result by the number of full decks remaining.
- The desirable aspect of the 2DTC for level two counts is that it can lead to more accurate index play.
Just reread this posts. What would 2DTC do to a level 1 count?