Team Bank and RoR

zoomie

I play with a partner on a joint bankroll. We start a new bank when we tap out or when we double the bank. We play 6D S17 Vegas Strip rules. Our bet ramp is from 1x1 to 2 x 12 at HiLo +4. We wong out at -1.

I could use help answering a couple of questions:

1. For a 400 unit BR, what is our RoR?

2. What BR is required for RoR < 5%?

TIA for your assistance. zoomie

johnnyb

zoomie said:
I play with a partner on a joint bankroll. We start a new bank when we tap out or when we double the bank. We play 6D S17 Vegas Strip rules. Our bet ramp is from 1x1 to 2 x 12 at HiLo +4. We wong out at -1.

I could use help answering a couple of questions:

1. For a 400 unit BR, what is our RoR?

2. What BR is required for RoR < 5%?

TIA for your assistance. zoomie
Do your minimum bet x1000 to yield the BR which will be sufficient enough to have your RoR < 5%. I believe your RoR will be ~.5%, but this is without running the numbers. I'm just giving you a rough set of information that you could possibly work with. I would be happy to really figure this out, but I don't have CVCX at the moment... Hope this helps brotha

:joker:

revrac

zoomie said:
I have BJA3 and do not find anything there about my question. There is a whole chapter on RoR but the joint bank is not mentioned that I saw.

Anyone?
for a joint bank it would be the same, you just get more hands and play time in with two people.

zoomie said:
I have BJA3 and do not find anything there about my question. There is a whole chapter on RoR but the joint bank is not mentioned that I saw.
A joint BR is no different than any BR - its as though a single player is playing 2x 3x 5x 10x faster. Thats all. zg

NAP

zengrifter said:
A joint BR is no different than any BR - its as though a single player is playing 2x 3x 5x 10x faster. Thats all. zg
It would also allow you to increase your bet sizes, correct?

revrac

NAP said:
It would also allow you to increase your bet sizes, correct?
NO! bet sizes are determined by the bankroll amount and not by number of people playing and whether its joint or personal. What your thinking is generally when people combine banks they have a bigger bankroll than when playing alone and thus can increase their bet size compared to the smaller bankroll.

NAP

revrac said:
NO! bet sizes are determined by the bankroll amount and not by number of people playing and whether its joint or personal. What your thinking is generally when people combine banks they have a bigger bankroll than when playing alone and thus can increase their bet size compared to the smaller bankroll.
That's what I meant, must have worded it poorly. :confused:

Example: Players A and B are each playing independently with 5K bankrolls, spreading from $5-$50. Players A and B then combine their bankrolls so there are now 2 people playing with the 10K bankroll. Then they can each begin playing $5-$100.

revrac

NAP said:
That's what I meant, must have worded it poorly. :confused:

Example: Players A and B are each playing independently with 5K bankrolls, spreading from $5-$50. Players A and B then combine their bankrolls so there are now 2 people playing with the 10K bankroll. Then they can each begin playing $5-$100.
Yes, a larger bank means you can bet more with same RoR! Was saying no because the OP's question was in reference to the difference in joint bankroll and personal and not a bankroll of size X and size 2x, which would be two different things albeit they often go hand in hand.

zoomie

zengrifter said:
Oh. Makes sense. I guess. So I could clones us 9 times, so we have 20 players, and (cet. par.) RoR is unchanged on the same old 400 unit joint bankroll. Si? :confused: