Team of 2 probably not worth it for red chippers...

What would be the point of a team of two at red chip level? Could be for a little cover...but...if you are flat betting....either you raise anyways when it is time to...or the teammate comes in and bets big...but you are still flat betting?

Except to create cover, that serves no purpose, right?

No, not as I think you are alluding to, but it might be good practice.

It could also be used at red chip if one partner focuses on the sucker, both at the same table.

However, if the team is only for combining bankrolls, like if each partner has $5,000, then the combined BR would be 10K, and each of you can play separate tables, straight-up counting, and play bigger to the combined 10K...
...if you are both of sufficient reasonable verified skill level, then you have both just doubled your hourly EV.

xengrifter said:
No, not as I think you are alluding to, but it might be good practice.

It could also be used at red chip if one partner focuses on the sucker, both at the same table.

However, if the team is only for combining bankrolls, like if each partner has $5,000, then the combined BR would be 10K, and each of you can play separate tables, straight-up counting, and play bigger to the combined 10K...
...if you are both of sufficient reasonable verified skill level, then you have both just doubled your hourly EV.
Ok, yeah, the combining bankroll makes sense!!!

kcchiefsfan1982 said:
Ok, yeah, the combining bankroll makes sense!!!
See ZGI PDF page-13 ...

You’ve played on several “shared bankroll” teams; What are the advantages and disadvantages of that type of arrangement?
The advantages of joint or merged bankrolls are obvious and look great on paper. Simply conceived, four or five or even ten counters of reasonably verified skill, combine so as to increase each one’s bet size and earning power four or five or ten-fold, with NO increased risk!
The main problem appears to arise primarily due to ‘flux-induced’ paranoia. During the occasional extreme negative swings, members may become suspicious and distrustful. The ‘flux-paranoia’ is further exacerbated by the multi-player acceleration-swing of results per day. In an extreme dip, several teammates may tank at the same time, resulting in half or more of the joint bankroll being depleted in a day or two. Notwithstanding, some teammate dishonesty does undoubtedly exist, but irrespective of the trust, paranoia, and flux issues, I personally feel that the reward outweighs the risk.

Last edited:

LV Bear

Administrator
kcchiefsfan1982 said:
What would be the point of a team of two at red chip level? Could be for a little cover...but...if you are flat betting....either you raise anyways when it is time to...or the teammate comes in and bets big...but you are still flat betting?

Except to create cover, that serves no purpose, right?
You might find this article to be useful. Good luck to you.

https://www.blackjackinfo.com/playing-blackjack-in-teams-things-to-consider/

This was my latest idea I pitched to my friend...

...We would but have our own bank rolls to do our solo thing ($5,000) but we would also pool together $3,000 ($1,500 each) so that when I am playing a 6 deck shoe on my own bank roll, I can signal to my friend when to come in and use our shared bank roll at the high counts.

So, my personal bank roll would still carry the normal RoR....but the EV on our shared bank roll would be extremely high! I know, sounds good on paper... :)

I would still be raising my bet in the high count, not flat betting, so I may get booted pretty quick, who knows.

I think you overly complicated it.
Are you any good? Is your friend any good? If so, just combined bankrolls and each play to a $10,000 funding.

The signaling and the call-ins, for most, would prove to be counterproductive

xengrifter said:
I think you overly complicated it.
Are you any good? Is your friend any good? If so, just combined bankrolls and each play to a $10,000 funding.

The signaling and the call-ins, for most, would prove to be counterproductive
yeah i agree...well i say friend, but i only know him as he spotted me as a card counter and now we know each other...so might be trust issues....not sure.

johndoe said:
If you aren't sure then you should definitely not be trusting him, or forming a team.
yeah the trust factor would only be for me not knowing him super well yet...not from anything he has done...he is actually a really good guy.