Terrible player+great cards=big winnings

techster

Playing this weekend in Tunica, when a young man, very drunk, sat down beside me and began trying to impress his girlfriend with his BJ skill. First hand, he drew a hard 17 and HIT! Of course he drew a 4, and informed the incredulous dealer he was "just feeling the game out." Next round, superstar stood on a 12 versus a dealer 10. Dealer busted and player remarks "I had a feeling the dealer would bust." This drunk fool turns his $100 buy in into
$500+ in about 20 minutes at which time I have to walk away in disgust. For his sake, I hope he stayed and lost his money--it would be a valuable lesson for him in the long run.

EasyRhino

Hey, first time I learned about the general concept of index plays, I had a max bet out, and did something ridiculous like stand on a 12 vs 9. Dealer looked at me pityingly, and then proceeded to bust, and I looked like a lucky crackhead.

After that big dopesmoking adventure, I learned that if I'm ever in doubt about an index play, just stick with the basic strategy.

techster said:
Playing this weekend in Tunica, when a young man, very drunk, sat down beside me and began trying to impress his girlfriend with his BJ skill. First hand, he drew a hard 17 and HIT! Of course he drew a 4, and informed the incredulous dealer he was "just feeling the game out." Next round, superstar stood on a 12 versus a dealer 10. Dealer busted and player remarks "I had a feeling the dealer would bust." This drunk fool turns his $100 buy in into
$500+ in about 20 minutes at which time I have to walk away in disgust. For his sake, I hope he stayed and lost his money--it would be a valuable lesson for him in the long run.
one time, this dude was teaching his gf who just turned 21 how to play bj, and as you would expect, it was ploppy crap galore, and it was very hard for me not to but in and say "no offense, but your bf is completely wrong and it would be better to read a book or a website rather than listen to completely wrong advice based on somebodys short run experience, as there is no such thing as taking the dealers bust card or half the things he is saying"..

then this would happen..

"and another thing, you shou.." *BAM* some other guy at the table: "you got knocked the **** out!"

Last edited:
SilentBob420BMFJ said:
then this would happen..

"and another thing, you shou.." *BAM* some other guy at the table: "you got knocked the **** out!"
:laugh: :laugh:
I don't like to say anything because I just don't want any attention period.