The First Card Counting Movie

1978 starring David Janssen, Stephanie Powers and Linda Evans ...
... from an original novel by Charles Einstein, developer of the first-generation Hi-Opt-1 in the 60s.

From Wikipedia -

Unlucky private eye Herbie Stolz (Allen Garfield) narrates about an exceptional client, Harry Adams (David Janssen), who had caught Herbie spying on him, and turns the tables around using him to spy on his wife, later confirmed to be having an affair.

With the background of President Kennedy's assassination, Harry has decided to totally replace his unhappy life with a more successful one, by using a method he devised for winning money at blackjack. He grows a beard, learns of an identity which he can adopt without harming anyone, and slowly builds up his escape which will be under the false identity, and will include a false suicide, ridding him of his real identity, and leaving no one in pursuit of him, with all his potential adversaries including his wife, receiving ample compensation and no hard feelings against him.

>> READ MORE

Full Movie -

Last edited:
From the back cover: half a million in winnings, a 747 jet, five terrorist hijackers, and an unscheduled trip to the middle east--That's the way it worked out for Harry. He had perfected a system to win $500,000. at blackjack. And it worked. Harry figured he was on his way to Paradise--except for the wild coincidence of being on the hijacked plane. He'd planned it so perfectly. The money. The faked suicide. The new mistress. He was headed straight to a whole new life. Now it looked as though he was headed straight for a corner of hell...The Blackjack Hijack--A heart-stopping novel of suspense and adventure and everything you ever wanted to know about the game of blackjack.

Talmadge

xengrifter said:
1978 starring David Janssen, Stephanie Powers and Linda Evans ...
... from an original novel by Charles Einstein, developer of the first-generation Hi-Opt-1 in the 60s.

From Wikipedia -

Unlucky private eye Herbie Stolz (Allen Garfield) narrates about an exceptional client, Harry Adams (David Janssen), who had caught Herbie spying on him, and turns the tables around using him to spy on his wife, later confirmed to be having an affair.

With the background of President Kennedy's assassination, Harry has decided to totally replace his unhappy life with a more successful one, by using a method he devised for winning money at blackjack. He grows a beard, learns of an identity which he can adopt without harming anyone, and slowly builds up his escape which will be under the false identity, and will include a false suicide, ridding him of his real identity, and leaving no one in pursuit of him, with all his potential adversaries including his wife, receiving ample compensation and no hard feelings against him.

>> READ MORE

Full Movie -

Thanks for that ZG
I think i'll watch the movie over the weekend

JJP

I liked the part in "21" where the team kept losing their big bets when the TC was high. That made it realistic. Oh yeah, I guess that part was left on the cutting room floor.