The NO RETREAT BJ scheme is winning

Have played this now for 7 sessions(day trips averaging 4-8 hrs of play each) for a net win of $920 with six wins and one loss. I call it the NO RETREAT scheme and here is exactly how I am playing it. Playing double deck with good rules. $500 session bankroll. After the cards are shuffled, first bet is always table minimum, I am playing at $10 minimum tables. Then after each win increase your bet by one unit of $5 until the end of the shoe. Do not decrease your bets after a loss, simply go up one unit on each win until the end of the shoe then start over on the next shoe with table minimum then up one unit after every win. Example: first bet is $10, lose so next bet is $10, win and next bet is $15, lose and next bet remains at $15, win and next bet is $20, lose and next bet is $20, etc. This non-counting scheme has done the best for me than any other, and I have tried many a betting scheme.

Harman

Good luck ... I doubt it'll work, testing it now :)

Sorry, i dont think this will work in the long run, or even in the short run based on my results :(

Harman:

Thanks for testing it, will look forward to your results. Any changes you can think of that improves results, such as stopping at $25 level, or beginning anew afer 2 losses, etc. It has worked well for me overall in the short term, but always looking for new ideas..

shadroch

Here is an idea.
Take the time and learn to count. What you are doing doesn't do anything to change the negative game you are playing. No matter how you vary your bets,if the game has negative expectations,you will end up losing in the long run. Why is this so hard for so many to grasp?Only by changing the game into a positive expectation,will you win in the long run.

I am afraid that Shadroch is correct in telling you to take the time to study other methods rather than using your ludicrous strategy as if it had any use it would already have been invented.

Sorry to be the spoil sport:)

shadroch

We all dream of inventing the system that will break the bank. My ex will attest that I invented the Martingale on a weekend at The Trop in 1999.
I was sure I had a foolproof system,and strangely it worked for the first few hours. Alas,I discovered the flaw in it only too soon.
When you look at the math background of some of the top guys in our field,guys like Elliot Jand QFIt,and know that card counting started with an MIT Professor and guys like Julian Braun and the folks at Bell Labs,to think you discovered something they missed is either extemely niave or an act of incredible hubris.

sagefr0g

shadroch said:
When you look at the math background of some of the top guys in our field,guys like Elliot Jand QFIt,and know that card counting started with an MIT Professor and guys like Julian Braun and the folks at Bell Labs,to think you discovered something they missed is either extemely niave or an act of incredible hubris.
kudos to them for sure. and definately smart guys IMHO. lol. but really it's not rocket science. doesn't seem beyond hope that there's more to learn and build upon. sorry no ideas here. maybe not the martingale though, huh.
i doubt i'll give up trying, dreaming. heck it's fun. :cat:

wvbjplayer

Caution

davidmcclung said:
Have played this now for 7 sessions(day trips averaging 4-8 hrs of play each) for a net win of $920 with six wins and one loss. I call it the NO RETREAT scheme and here is exactly how I am playing it. Playing double deck with good rules. $500 session bankroll. After the cards are shuffled, first bet is always table minimum, I am playing at $10 minimum tables. Then after each win increase your bet by one unit of $5 until the end of the shoe. Do not decrease your bets after a loss, simply go up one unit on each win until the end of the shoe then start over on the next shoe with table minimum then up one unit after every win. Example: first bet is $10, lose so next bet is $10, win and next bet is $15, lose and next bet remains at $15, win and next bet is $20, lose and next bet is $20, etc. This non-counting scheme has done the best for me than any other, and I have tried many a betting scheme.
The best explanation for your short-term success with this strategy is that you've been (unknowingly) playing in some very positive shoes. Naturally, one tends to make a good deal of money from such shoes (what I call "golden shoes"). By contrast, your losing session was likely attributable to a spate of negative shoes. Because poor to neutral shoes greatly outnumber highly favorable shoes, in the long run you are destined to lose.

It's elementary math, my friend. (It HAS to be elementary, if *I* understand it. ;-)

wvbjplayer

eandre

davidmcclung said:

David, the guys are right...it's not going to work forever. In fact, I'll share a sad tale from just a few days ago. At a high stakes 6 deck-1 deck cut off-s17 das ls ,I lost 40 hands in a row and pushed 3...how do I know, I lost 4k in 43 hands...the only difference between my story and your is I never raised a bet, won a double or a split. How would any betting scheme over come this? And for those of you that count...I left that table and went on to loose the rest of my session's bankroll. That's why they have spas...so you can get a free massage after a beating. And don't ask, there was no happy ending.:grin:

shadroch said:
And they were right. The Wright Bros never did fly. Perhaps their airplane did,but they certainly didn't.

Not so fast ! Here is History lesoon 101 !

http://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/wright-brothers/online/fly/1903/triumph.cfm

On December 14, three months after arriving at Kitty Hawk, the Wrights were finally ready to give their creation a try. They tossed a coin to determine which brother would make the first attempt. Wilbur won and climbed into the pilot’s position. Forty feet down the rail, the Flyer lurched up, stalled, and smashed into the sand, slightly damaging the forward elevator.

The Flyer was airborne for only 3 1/2 seconds, but the power of the engine and the responsiveness of the controls bolstered Wilbur’s confidence. He wrote home, “There is now no question of final success.”

With damage repaired, the Flyer was again ready for flight on December 17. The Wrights arose that morning to freezing temperatures and a 27-mile-per-hour wind. At 10:35 a.m., the Flyer lifted off the launching rail with Orville at the controls. The overly sensitive elevator control caused the Flyer to dart up and down as it sailed slowly over the sand, coming to rest with a thud 120 feet from where it had taken off. The flight was short—only 12 seconds—but it was a true flight nevertheless. A human had flown.

The Wrights used this stopwatch to time the Kitty Hawk flights.

The Wrights sent home this telegram confirming their success.

“After a while they shook hands, and we couldn’t help notice how they held on to each other’s hand, sort o’like they hated to let go; like two folks parting who weren’t sure they’d ever see each other again.”
John T. Daniels, Kitty Hawk lifesaving crewman,
recalling the moments before the first flight

Just after this picture was taken, as the brothers and the local observers discussed the fourth flight, a gust of wind overturned the airplane and sent it tumbling across the sand. Severely damaged, the 1903 Wright Flyer never flew again. The experiments for that year were over, but the Wrights had accomplished what they had set out to do. The Wright brothers made three more flights that day. On the second, Wilbur traveled 175 feet in a similar up-and-down course. On the third, Orville covered a little more than 200 feet in 15 seconds. With Wilbur back at the controls, the Flyer made its final and most significant flight. After another erratic start, Wilbur steadied the airplane for an impressive 852-foot trip in 59 seconds, definitively demonstrating that the Wright Flyer was capable of sustained, controlled flight.

The Wright brothers made three more flights that day. On the second, Wilbur traveled 175 feet in a similar up-and-down course. On the third, Orville covered a little more than 200 feet in 15 seconds.

With Wilbur back at the controls, the Flyer made its final and most significant flight. After another erratic start, Wilbur steadied the airplane for an impressive 852-foot trip in 59 seconds, definitively demonstrating that the Wright Flyer was capable of sustained, controlled flight.

aslan

shadroch said:
And they were right. The Wright Bros never did fly. Perhaps their airplane did,but they certainly didn't.
:rolleyes: Are you then saying, you will certainly never win, but your betting strategy will? That's encouraging. :whip:

Sonny

InPlay said:
The Flyer was airborne for only 3 1/2 seconds, but the power of the engine and the responsiveness of the controls bolstered Wilbur’s confidence. He wrote home, “There is now no question of final success.”
Well, they certainly acted like progression players. A minor success followed by a complete failure somehow constitutes conclusive proof. Their system can't possibly fail because it "seems powerful" and "feels like it works." Haven't we all heard that one before?

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
Well, they certainly acted like progression players. A minor success followed by a complete failure somehow constitutes conclusive proof. Their system can't possibly fail because it "seems powerful" and "feels like it works." Haven't we all heard that one before?

-Sonny-

No comparsion whatsoever. Gambling and invention of flight are not in the same leauge.