The Silver Fox count system

I'm a long time user of it (many years), and am wondering if anyone else is and would like to chat about the pro's/con's or whatever? I'm located in a semi-remote area of NV with little or no AP competition.

DSchles

Little to discuss. It's Hi-Lo with 7 +1 and 9 -1 thrown in. Result is inferior performance to Hi-Lo because of the weakened insurance correlation, due to counting the nine the wrong way.

Ralph Stricker was a dear friend of mine, and he and I worked on his booklet describing the Silver Fox for some time. It's his legacy to the game.

Don

For all intent and purpose, silver fox is equal to high low. It dates back to the early 60s, and it was first popularized by UNLV math professor Koko Ita as the Green Fountain count, in 1970.

High low microscopically trumps silver fox but they are equal in the real world.

Raven

ronster said:
I'm a long time user of it (many years), and am wondering if anyone else is and would like to chat about the pro's/con's or whatever? I'm located in a semi-remote area of NV with little or no AP competition.
I use it to case shoes sometimes.

Raven

ronster said:
But do you use it for actual Play Raven?...If so, what do you use for the index #'s?
No I don't. I use it only to case a shoe with good pen down to last 2 decks, as close to "zero" as possible to ensure a fairly even distribution of (almost) all cards. Then switch to my main count to wong in. I named this tactic "Poor Man's 2D" after my bank account :(

Raven said:
No I don't. I use it only to case a shoe with good pen down to last 2 decks, as close to "zero" as possible to ensure a fairly even distribution of (almost) all cards. Then switch to my main count to wong in. I named this tactic "Poor Man's 2D" after my bank account :(
So what C do you use to follow up after you wong-in?...I've been using Silver Fox for SD and DD out here in a remote part of NV, and so far so good...

Raven

ronster said:
So what C do you use to follow up after you wong-in?...I've been using Silver Fox for SD and DD out here in a remote part of NV, and so far so good...
Red7 true counted and half point counting the 7's, with 23 deviations from basic strategy.

Albee

I have used Silver Fox and Hi-low for almost 15 years. I see little difference between the two counts and my insurance has been 75% accurate (maybe 70%). The negative swings have killed me the last 3 trips to LV and Wendover. Math was solid, but cards didn't fall to my advantage. I play mostly 2-deck games, (Wendover 1-deck) and have been testing the waters of 6-deck with good pen. Big notice was 6-deck and playing two hands when count is good and dropping one if it tanks.

Albee said:
I have used Silver Fox and Hi-low for almost 15 years. I see little difference between the two counts and my insurance has been 75% accurate (maybe 70%). The negative swings have killed me the last 3 trips to LV and Wendover. Math was solid, but cards didn't fall to my advantage. I play mostly 2-deck games, (Wendover 1-deck) and have been testing the waters of 6-deck with good pen. Big notice was 6-deck and playing two hands when count is good and dropping one if it tanks.
Hey Albee...Ronster here again....I've been using the SF for 40 years or more. I too am in a semi-remote location of NV, but not the one you mentioned...Would you like to meet/chat away from this site?....