the worst day how much u lost ??

GeorgeD

How well I remember when I first started to play ... maybe had played 3-4 times before. I'd usually wait for $5 tables, but place was busy and I was itching to play. All of a sudden 3-4 players got up from a $15 table. I sat down and lost $175 (most of by BR for the day) in about 5-10 minutes. Think I lost every hand including a few doubles.

sagefr0g

my first time going on a card counting session and first time ever playing blackjack i sat myself right square down at a CSM table. :p:eek:

White Guy

You ever noticed you can always lose a lot of hands consecutively no matter the count but when you win a bunch the count always hovers around 0 or +1 so theres no real $$ out.

jimpenn

Only takes one shoe to win...

I've noticed in my play that when I win most of the money won comes from one shoe. The last five sessions I have won between $100 and $450, and in all but one case the winnings came from one shoe. Has anyone else experienced this in their play?

blackchipjim

worst day out

I had bad sessions losing 30u in an hour and bad days where I lost 60units in a day. I don't allow myself to go ruin in a session or day or a trip. I have recovered my losses somewhat by sticking to betting the same with no resizing. I have lost 4oo dollars and hour and have made 400 dollars hour. I do have some big games for me and have had my butt handed to me in the same game. blackchipjim

rukus

132 units in just over an hour... no steaming or improper overbettng betting, just some fast DD dealing and bad variance. close to a 3 sigma event.

Kasi

rukus said:
132 units in just over an hour... no steaming or improper overbettng betting, just some fast DD dealing and bad variance. close to a 3 sigma event.
Wow - not even 3 lol?

At least you know you might not have another hour like that for a while :)

rukus

Kasi said:
Wow - not even 3 lol?

At least you know you might not have another hour like that for a while :)
well i hope i see those kinds of counts again in an hour (every deck went positive) and hope the cards just come to me this time!

aslan

They say confession is good for the soul.

Several months into my first year counting I was up about $5,000 from a number of $500 to $2,000 winning trips to AC. On this particular trip I visited Trump Plaza. The pen was great, so I settled into what turned out to be an all day all night session on a $15 table. At the end of the night I could hardly keep my eyes open and I was down about $3,000. I was stubborn and steaming and went to another table where the dealer was far too fast for my half asleep brain and then to a $25 table where my luck still didn't change. All told, I was down somewhere betwen $4,000 and $5,000 when I left. (I can't remember the exact details but I reported it somewhere in the Forum when it happened.)

Anyway, I was steaming so bad when I got back to my hotel in time to check out that I decided on one grandstand play to try and recoup some of my losses. I wagered $1,000 at roulette and won. My friend cautioned me not to let it ride, so I wagered $500 this time and won. I wanted one more bet before I left AC so I bet another $500 and won. My stupid plays recouped almost half my losses.

The moral is not that I recouped some of my losses. That was a boneheaded play. It would have served me right if I had ended up $6,000 or $7,000 loser (20/20 hindsight). The moral of the story is never gamble when you're overtired because your judgment is impaired, and don't let yourself steam because it makes you chase your money turning a moderate loss into a major catastrophe.

I believe in always turning your defeats into something positive. The positive aspect of that experience is that I have become a cooler, more level-headed player. I get as much sleep as I can and avoid the tables when I'm feeling negative or not on top of it. I take breaks every couple of hours unless I'm on a roll or feeling good--but no more marathons. If things go south and I get that losing feeling, I pull up. Negative feelings and negative thinking do not go well with card counting and gambling in general. Negativity impairs your judgment.

One more thing--winning on a stupid ploppy play like I did with roulette is a dress rehearsal for a future big fall. It makes gamblers believe they are lucky and leads them to take unwarranted chances. I'm sure I will never pull a stunt like that again. For one thing, I am convinced that a sharp, fresh mind is key to successful gambling. I don't make those stupid decisions when my mind is fresh and clear. It's a really simple but important lesson.

I may lose in the future (no one can control variance), but I'll have the peace of mind in knowing that it wasn't my fault.

Last edited:

nottooshabby

jimpenn said:
I've noticed in my play that when I win most of the money won comes from one shoe. The last five sessions I have won between $100 and $450, and in all but one case the winnings came from one shoe. Has anyone else experienced this in their play?
Absolutely with you there, jimpenn, you're not alone :) BTW my worst day was 87u in three hours, couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat. Like others have stated, no steaming, just the worst stretch of hands I can remember. It was one of those days when it seemed the other players all drew naturals and T-T vs dealer 8 or 9 in a good count and you get stuck with 5-9 and 8-7's :eek:

I lost 5K one afternoon a few weeks back. My average bet size is between 100-200 per hand however.

A week prior I made 6K in one evening (3 hrs) playing multi-hands against a CSM. So I guess things tend to balance out overall.