To Zen or not to Zen...

Brillo

Well, actually, I made my mind up, I'm going to Zen, so the question is: to balance or not to balance?

The systems I've used in the past (recent past, I'm still relatively new) are hi-lo, red 7 and KO. I've just been using the unbalanced counts lately; I use KO for single and DD and Red 7 on the rare occasions when I shoe it up.

Eyeing the discards and converting to TC is not an issue, I just enjoy the ease of use the unbalanced counts provide because I do drink and socialize, so I guess the question is: is Zen all that much better than UBZ?

Also, I've already digested Snyder's book but not George C.'s.

neemo6

Brillo said:
Well, actually, I made my mind up, I'm going to Zen, so the question is: to balance or not to balance?

The systems I've used in the past (recent past, I'm still relatively new) are hi-lo, red 7 and KO. I've just been using the unbalanced counts lately; I use KO for single and DD and Red 7 on the rare occasions when I shoe it up.

Eyeing the discards and converting to TC is not an issue, I just enjoy the ease of use the unbalanced counts provide because I do drink and socialize, so I guess the question is: is Zen all that much better than UBZ?

Also, I've already digested Snyder's book but not George C.'s.
I would suggest using a simple count system w/ their indices and sticking with it especially if you drink, that way you dont have to worry about making mistakes. If you make counting mistakes with a higher level system its not doing you any good.