Today's entertainment - a ploppy hissy fit

21forme

Guy at the table playing pretty good BS. When he has a 12 v 2, he comments to the table "the book says to hit this in multi-deck," so he does. Did he imply you should stay in SD? Hmmm...

A little later he doubles an A9 v 4 (in a neutral count). Another ploppy calls him out on it and he again says "the book says to do this." Another ploppy says, "What book are you reading?" He has a little hissy fit, says to the dealer, "tell everyone I know what I'm doing," and he storms away from the table. Very amusing interlude during a lackluster day....

ihate17

Single deck

In single deck blackjack with just 3 undealt cards left, playing heads up and you know from hole carding that the dealer does not have an ace, you double A-9 when your side count for aces is at 1.

BJgenius007

What can I do when I pissed off a ploppy?

It happened to me today. I had a soft 18 and dealer up card is 10, so I naturally took a hit. The dealer ended up with 18 and after several small cards, I had 17.

A ploppy said I was wrong to hit on my soft 18. Many ploppies agreed with him. One said I am too greedy. I said every book said soft 18 is a hit vs. 10. Finally the dealer backed me up and said my play is correct. The first ploppy got angry and left the table.

21forme

I love when dealers back up the ploppies with misinformation.

Other day, dealer tells a ploppy "the rule of f's." Never split anything that starts with f. Guess what I got next hand and split? No, not fives :grin:

Where do they come up with this stuff?

21forme said:
I love when dealers back up the ploppies with misinformation.

Other day, dealer tells a ploppy "the rule of f's." Never split anything that starts with f. Guess what I got next hand and split? No, not fives :grin:

Where do they come up with this stuff?
It's correct for BS in a nDAS game. I've seen a few people trying to follow BS and even having a BS card, but for the wrong game. And one time I saw a guy who actually had a BS card for SP21, but ignored its advice.