Tresspass in effect after Ownership Change?

Someone I know was trespassed from the Aladdin several years ago. A few months later, the property was sold and the name was changed to Planet Hollywood. It has since been sold once again to Harrahs.

Would the trespass still be in effect today, even given that both the name and ownership have changed?

jaygruden

While I'm not a lawyer, I would have to say "no".....I would not think the trespass is in effect. The prior owners issued it and now those owners are gone. I'm sure some of the same management people were retained but most of them have likely turned over by now. I doubt anyone would say anything to him, but if they did, it would be really easy for him to say "The Aladdin trespassed me, not Planet Hollywood". I think the worst that could happen is them saying...."Well now PH is trespassing you as well".

joeblackjack said:
Someone I know was trespassed from the Aladdin several years ago. A few months later, the property was sold and the name was changed to Planet Hollywood. It has since been sold once again to Harrahs.

Would the trespass still be in effect today, even given that both the name and ownership have changed?
No.

FLASH1296

I believe that the following is correct:'

If there is a (DBA) name change or a substantial change in the nature of the business then a new trespass warning would need to be issued.

AC232323

"Willfully going on or remaining on another person’s property after having been warned by the owner or occupant not to trespass" -- that is from the Nevada statute. If there a new owner then the previous ban is no longer valid.

shadroch

AC232323 said:
"Willfully going on or remaining on another person’s property after having been warned by the owner or occupant not to trespass" -- that is from the Nevada statute. If there a new owner then the previous ban is no longer valid.
The occupant is still the same. I'd certainly need more than the advice from some forumites before I risked it.

Sucker

joeblackjack said:
Funny you should ask - I just posed that question to Robert N. (esq) a couple of days ago. He says that the answer is YES.

Why does it even matter, if they know you were trespassed before, even though they changed ownership or whatever, they still know you are a skilled player, they can just issue another trespass, no?