Trip Report - LV

Four real days on the tables, good trip all in all.

Played at the Trop, MGM Grand, Hooters, Gold Coast and Sahara.

Trop, $5 6D shoe game, usual strip pen. Allows resplit of Aces - handy for me when I pull that damn 12. Picked up two free nights there for next trip. Cocktails were a little tired and a little slow. Try their bloody mary, has a LOT of horseradish in it. Pit lets the game run itself unless something weird happens.

MGM, $10 6D shoe game, same pen. Allowed surrender - used surrender a few times in 30 minutes or so. Didn't ask for a comp here, I wasn't playing heavy/long enough to really rate. Cocktails, well you know, they don't hire the ugly ones here. Good service, good drinks. Pit pretty much watches the cocktail waitresses on the low limit stuff.

Hooters, why do I play here? I know better but... Oh well... $10 6D shoe, lousy pen. Lost $200.00 in 10 minutes or so, had to put out another $200. Ran that down to $50 in another 5 minutes or so... Ground the $50 back up to a tad over $400 over the next half hour and got up and ran like hell. Pretty scenery though. Asked for a complimentary Hooter Girl... Didn't get one, maybe next time. Cocktails, what can I say... had a beer or two and the service and view was great. Pit lets the game run itself, I think they know you aren't going to win.

Gold Coast, played both 6D shoe and 2D pitch. Did better at the 6D surprisingly, even though I usually play the 2D pitch. I actually had a couple of times looking at my cheques thinking, "I have WAY too many chips here." $10 6D average pen, nothing spectacular just a good solid shoe game. $10 2D pitch, pretty much a whole deck cut off, not a lot to work with except basic strategy and blind luck on this one. Pit gave me $100 at the Cortez Room, nice dinner place. Cocktails are a little long in the tooth here, but there are a couple of new younger ones. Drink service can be great for a while, then disappear completely for 30 minutes or so. Pit watches the 2D pretty closely, not sure why with the pen though.

Sahara, $10 6D shoe, decent pen with some dealers. Seemed like being nice and tossing a tip here and there helped. Tables went down to $5 and sometimes $3 here also. Decent game, good for grinding. Not enough tables for wonging for long. Got some heat on my bet spread, but I was playing for too long, my bad. They comped me about $200 in cash useful for covering the room, food etc. and offered me a free stay next trip. Pretty comp friendly. Cocktails are pretty in the dark... drink service is pretty good though. Pit watches games pretty closely. I don't think they like giving out real money very often.

Ok, now for the real stuff...

How do you get the cocktail waitress in the hot tub? Hell, just ask one right after you buy in big and have a bunch of chips in front of you. If that doesn't work, keep asking until you find the right one.

Can you really outrun the Deuce down the strip? Sure can, but it will kill you. Jump on the monorail for that unfair advantage.

Hope this helps someone, see you guys in LV next week... Gotta work it while we can.

Oh yeah, up $2200 on this trip after all expenses.

Last edited:

Albee

name

Name is Al...or Alan. When I was in the Air Force a few guys started calling me Albee.....so, there you have it.

Yes to Texas......Visited San Antonio a year ago for work.

Wow, coincidental though. Have fun at the GC. Go see Gina or Lien in Emerald services before you leave to maximize your comp availability. They are great gals. Watch out for an old dealer named Hans. He's slow but just doesn't lose, lol. Ask him if he still drives he'll tell you he has to as he's too old to walk.

Have a great trip!

EasyRhino

Sounds like you got some pretty decent comps. What do you estimate they'd rate your average bet at, and how long of sessions are you talking about?

EasyRhino said:
Sounds like you got some pretty decent comps. What do you estimate they'd rate your average bet at, and how long of sessions are you talking about?
Hey Rhino! They figure me for a $15.00 average bet player and I put in LONG sessions there, hours at a time, same table, same spot. I don't spread much usually and do some dumb stuff there occasionally, also bitch to the pit about my losses a lot, lol. I try to rathole a lot there to increase perceived loss for comp and cover purposes. I like to home base from there sometimes and I can't hurt them too bad if I want to keep on good relations. PC's know me as a gambler that wins some, loses some but has a good time. Dealer's know me as "You're still here?" Cocktail waitresses know me as that super studly guy from TX.