Try looking for information before asking. Its not hard.

Deathclutch

Have them try reading before you answer what they should have read before asking what you answered with one link to the question they should have researched before asking.

shadroch

Why do you hate Ken Smith so much? With the Zen Zone gone, without newbies asking questions, he'll get no hits on his this site, hence no revenue.
so I ask again, why do you hate Ken so much you want to take food from his kids mouths?

SleightOfHand

shadroch said:
Why do you hate Ken Smith so much? With the Zen Zone gone, without newbies asking questions, he'll get no hits on his this site, hence no revenue.
so I ask again, why do you hate Ken so much you want to take food from his kids mouths?
It's not Ken I hate, its his children. They tied my shoelaces together the other day and I tripped in front of everyone. Very embarrassing. I will have my revenge!

SleightOfHand

Deathclutch said:
Have them try reading before you answer what they should have read before asking what you answered with one link to the question they should have researched before asking.
Yea, but my answer to what they asked came before my new answer to general questions. However, this is more of a small rant and I will be most likely posting the same answers that I usually do to the questions that they should have already found the answers to with my post.

aslan

SleightOfHand said:
Yea, but my answer to what they asked came before my new answer to general questions. However, this is more of a small rant and I will be most likely posting the same answers that I usually do to the questions that they should have already found the answers to with my post.
A lot of it is personality types. An introvert would not mind poring over tomes of archives looking for answers to his questions, whereas the same procedure would put an extrovert immediately to sleep. I for one would much rather blurt out a question in the forum than spend five minutes trying to research the issue. It's not that it's so hard, it just boring and sleep inducing for me. I have also noticed that some responders are testy at the thought of answering a simple question (I am not referring to you), whereas other responders love the chance to give their little piece of advice no matter how mundane or often repeated the question. To these situations, I think there are no right answers. You can please of the people some of the ...............:)

Lol!

Deathclutch said:
hahaha... my family is full of teachers and I'm going to pass this quote on to them. Thanks for the laughs.

Deathclutch

SleightOfHand said:
And such is the way of this forum :laugh:

UK-21

Can someone tell me the difference between an introvert and an extrovert, or provide a link to a resource where I might find the answer? Sorry if this question has been asked before.

assume_R

Baldwedash

It's a message board. If someone asks a question and you don't want to repeat your answer, THEN refer them to the previous post or site. There are no dumb questions. And if you don't ask. Then you'll never tell. Who cares about hits. It's info. And in most cases on a MESSAGE BOARD it is info that's sought. Or establish a new site that ONLY refers folks to another site or previous threads. I guess that shouldn't be so hard.

Sucker

aslan said:
I have also noticed that some responders are testy at the thought of answering a simple question (I am not referring to you), whereas other responders love the chance to give their little piece of advice no matter how mundane or often repeated the question.
So what you're saying is; some people have more patience than others. I wholeheartedly agree.

SleightOfHand

noman said:
It's a message board. If someone asks a question and you don't want to repeat your answer, THEN refer them to the previous post or site. There are no dumb questions. And if you don't ask. Then you'll never tell. Who cares about hits. It's info. And in most cases on a MESSAGE BOARD it is info that's sought. Or establish a new site that ONLY refers folks to another site or previous threads. I guess that shouldn't be so hard.
I didn't say anything about stupid questions. Sometimes one comes around every once in a while, but usually it is just newbies asking basic questions, which I don't have a problem with. I just sometimes feel it is a little silly that rather than using the site's search tool or go through the FAQs (Most Qs being asked are the F kind), they would rather post and wait for an answer.

I suppose Aslan is right and that there are personality types that are not willing to do this. Whatever, its not like they are reading this anyway :laugh:

blackchipjim

research in learning

I posted awhile back that alot of people who come to this and any other sites don't even bother to read hard books anymore. The response was that I was old thinking and that more can be learned by scatter reading of select articles. This is nonsense since articles that appear in different context have different meanings. Sit down and start reading the basics before you blurt questions out that are self explanatory. I for the life of me don't understand the logic of people nowadays. Read and reread a book then it may soak into to your brain and then the answer may just be in front of you.

Homeschool

SleightOfHand said:
I didn't say anything about stupid questions. Sometimes one comes around every once in a while, but usually it is just newbies asking basic questions, which I don't have a problem with. I just sometimes feel it is a little silly that rather than using the site's search tool or go through the FAQs (Most Qs being asked are the F kind), they would rather post and wait for an answer.

I suppose Aslan is right and that there are personality types that are not willing to do this. Whatever, its not like they are reading this anyway :laugh:
I'm gonna have to back Sleight up on this one somewhat. Many times new posters will ask a question that has been answered recently. Not that questions are a bad thing, but I feel a new poster has the responsibility of at least doing a quick browse to try and find the answer to their question. Then if they do not understand the answer or need clarification, fire away. I also believe this is in the poster's best interest as it gives them a little credability when they ask a question and have already done some research.

No need to send them to another site, there is plenty of info in the forum archives. Isn't this exactly why the stickies were created? And Aslan is right, if I don't want to respond to a FAQ, I don't have to.

Just my 2 cents.

Homeschool