Unbalanced counts...

Why do people do them? It doesnt really make any sense to me, i am however very new to this, so i dont know all that much yet about the advantages of different systems. But if the count doesnt add up to zero, then how can u know know your advantage b/c theres like asn extra step... like if the unbalanced count is +4 after one deck b/c just one number is a + instead of a zero... then say 3 decks left and if the count is +8 after 3 decks then 8-4(to balance it)= 4/3 (decks remaining) = 1.3 TC, but that just seems like waaaay too confusing to possibly be easier than balanced counts, so can someone please tell me a benefit to using an unbalanced count, b/c why would they exist if they werent advantageous in some way?

Last edited:

MangoJ

CRF said:
Why do people do them? It doesnt really make any sense to me, i am however very new to this, so i dont know all that much yet about the advantages of different systems. But if the count doesnt add up to zero, then how can u know know your advantage b/c theres like asn extra step... like if the unbalanced count is +4 after one deck b/c just one number is a + instead of a zero... then say 3 decks left and if the count is +8 after 3 decks then 8-4(to balance it)= 4/3 (decks remaining) = 1.3 TC, but that just seems like waaaay too confusing to possibly be easier than balanced counts, so can someone please tell me a benefit to using an unbalanced count, b/c why would they exist if they werent advantageous in some way?
Unbalanced counts don't start from zero, they start from a negative value, given by the number of decks used.
If you have a net of +4 after one deck, the unbalanced count will be something like -20.

Shoofly

CRF said:
Unbalanced counts eliminate the need to convert to TC. Two books to read are "Blackjack Bluebook II" by Fred Renzey, and "Blackbelt in Blackjack" by Arnold Snyder. You will then fully understand unbalanced counts.