User Profile Visitor Messaging now disabled

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Over on our sister site BlackajckTournaments.com, we've had some problems with the new Visitor Profile Messaging feature.

Basically, this feature was added a few updates ago, and it is all too easy to make a mistake and send a user a publicly viewable "Profile Visitor Message" when your intention was to send a private message.

I think the risk of inadvertently revealing something publicly which was intended for a private message outweighs any minor benefit of having a profile message board under each user.

As a result, I have disabled this feature entirely.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.

Carry on.

Ken

KenSmith said:
Over on our sister site BlackajckTournaments.com, we've had some problems with the new Visitor Profile Messaging feature.

Basically, this feature was added a few updates ago, and it is all too easy to make a mistake and send a user a publicly viewable "Profile Visitor Message" when your intention was to send a private message.

I think the risk of inadvertently revealing something publicly which was intended for a private message outweighs any minor benefit of having a profile message board under each user.

As a result, I have disabled this feature entirely.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.

Carry on.
Good move, thanks.

CP