weird day

Would it be fair to say that a person, to play with an advantage, would need the minimum bet spread:

+1: 1 unit
+2: 3 units
+3: 5 units
+4: 7 units
+5 & greater: 10 units

...and that a 1-20 bet spread would basically double the amount earned (assuming the have the correct size of bank roll to cover it)

BoSox

kcchiefsfan1982 said:
Would it be fair to say that a person, to play with an advantage, would need the minimum bet spread:

...and that a 1-20 bet spread would basically double the amount earned (assuming the have the correct size of bank roll to cover it)
I think it would be fair to say that you do not have a clue about the meanings and ideas of what you are talking about.

With that spread you just listed all you will be doing is Wonging in and out of situations and only be playing 28.88% of all the hands dealt "in the game that you earlier described" and you are talking about using 10 and 20 to one spreads?

Last edited:

KewlJ

BoSox said:
I think it would be fair to say that you do not have a clue about the meanings and ideas of what you are talking about.
And someone called ME condescending? :rolleyes:

BoSox said:
With that spread you just listed all you will be doing is Wonging in and out of situations and only be playing 28.88% of all the hands dealt "in the game that you earlier described" and you are talking about using 10 and 20 to one spreads?
When I read kcchiefsfan1982's post, I assumed he meant 1 unit at true counts of +1 and lower. Granted, he didn't say that and maybe I am assuming too much, but at least give him the chance to clarify. I mean come on the guy is probably still celebrating a superbowl win, that as a fan has alluded him his whole life. ;)

Last edited:

BoSox

kcchiefsfan1982 said:

BoSox said:
KewlJ said:
When I read kcchiefsfan1982's post, I assumed he meant 1 unit at true counts of +1 and lower. Granted, he didn't say that and maybe I am assuming too much, but at least give him the chance to clarify.
Thank you KewlJ, you just substantiated my above quote. Kcchiefsfan1982, started his above post with a specific question although he left off the question mark symbol, none the less, it was still a question. Whatever he may have meant in the writing of his spread, the fact alone of him not stipulating and not understanding the importance and frequency of occurrence of what happens at true counts below +1 is very meaningful in itself. Not counting the fact that he still had to ask if his spread was good enough to win, another red flag. But, I will apologize Kcchiefsfan, for my condescending tone.

lol...there is a reason im asking. It is because i have this cheap black Jack app simulator called Black Jack All-in-one.

when i click on "1-10 spread" it shows a 0 count at zero units. When i simulate, it shows me making about $10/hr.

When i change the 0 count to 1 unit, it shows me losing money lol. I hope the margins are not that tight!!!

I do have to ask if my spread is good enough to win, because i don't have software to check!!

BoSox

kcchiefsfan1982 said:
When i change the 0 count to 1 unit, it shows me losing money lol. I hope the margins are not that tight!!!
When you play 1 unit at a TC of 0, at that TC alone which appears 25.91% of the time in the game that you previously described. Will mean all of those 0 TC hands that you play will be at about a - 0.50% EV "based on the information on the game and skill you previously provided". All of that negativity EV that you will be playing against needs to be made up with all the other positives TC that you will see basically starting at TC+2 and above. At TCs of +1 " which appears 10.74% of the time" you will now be playing at a break-even game EV wise. At a 5.0/6 deck game even with the good cuts a TC of +5 "when you said that you want to make your max bet" appears only 1.36% of the time, so yes the margins for success or failure are VERY TIGHT. Can YOU win with that spread level depends a lot on your skill level.

I am not sure if I have previously mentioned this to you but everything I said above can be found in Don's S, wonderful book BLACKJACK ATTACK 3rd Edition. Which is the best blackjack book on the market that money can buy today. If by chance you already own this book shame on you!

Last edited: