Why does this seem to happen so often??

jaygruden

vipmn said:
They could care less. they are more interested in getting your players card than anything else. It is a GREAT place to play. Great PA rules, easy, easy comps, and lack of attention to AP's.
What store, if you don't mind? I go to most PA stores and there are several I like, but curious as to which one you feel has a lack of attention to AP's. If you'd rather PM it that's fine. Thanks.

tallmanvegas

vipmn said:
Im playing at my local store which offers a good game with excellent penetration, counting properly, using the proper indexes,good cover, betting the right spread and getting my head handed to me, while the ploppy at first base takes a $1000 and runs it up to $18,000 right before my eyes! Maddening.
Just maddening.:mad:
Why would you get upset? Do you expect to win cause your counting. Remember, behind the math of millions of hands, only 1-2% advantage if played perfectly. Negative variance.

tallmanvegas said:
Why would you get upset? Do you expect to win cause your counting. Remember, behind the math of millions of hands, only 1-2% advantage if played perfectly. Negative variance.
I understand Negative variance believe me. But it does not make it any LESS frustrating when it seems to only happen to me during huge positive counts while everyone else at the table is oblivious and they are banging out 20's and snappers and Im sitting there with my 12's and 15's against the dealers 10.

jaygruden said:
What store, if you don't mind? I go to most PA stores and there are several I like, but curious as to which one you feel has a lack of attention to AP's. If you'd rather PM it that's fine. Thanks.
the "sweetest" store in Philly.;)

stopgambling

Losing for 2 hours while the guy next to you getting naturals after naturals against dealers ten and ace ,me??? my 19 loses to dealers 20 and my 20s loses to the dealers ace-up b.j. or ten -up b.j. .In that 2 hours ,my neighbor ,probably had like 22-30 blk. jacks:flame:Lost about 20 big bets.:mad:Never seen that many in about 160 hands.

Play your best game at the best game to make your own luck

I haven't noticed this since I upgraded counts. I know the count has little to do with it but the key to your feeling is losing when you have big bets out. With a side count of aces I am not betting big when the count is large but aces are depleted and conversely bet a little bigger when there are lots of aces but tens are not in surplus (even when tens are not in surplus there are still a lot of them or I would have wonged out). The former seems to happen about 20% or more for the moderately high counts the latter about the same for neutral or slightly negative counts. I really on very High PE to make the money with small bets out in these occasions. Side counts besides aces help a lot. Winning an extra hand or 2 at max bet makes that bad run more or less break even (0-5 hurts bad but 1-4 or 2-3 not so much). It may have a minimal impact in the long run but on that nightmare shoe it often helps a lot.

I did have one bad run since changing counts. It was a bad game I shouldn't have been playing. The table was full of top notch players that were with me. The count didn't give many opportunities and those were small and fleeting. The dealer kept hitting to 20 or 21. We all got crushed pretty bad except for the one with the strongest count I know of. I think he showed a tiny profit or at least not much of a lose. I learned my lesson that AC games rules suck and play better games with much better results now. I know that bad beat awaits sooner or latter but between side counts, a very strong counting system and most importantly superior game selection it will come much less often and be of a lesser magnitude.

Meistro

The variance in card counting can be described as a random walk with really no rhyme or reason to it, but being able to take a loss without getting too frustrated or angry is an important component of winning play.