Why I don't play poker!

For those of you who don't understand slowrolling, imagine this situation. The board is Q 10 10 3 4. You have pocket queens. On the river you bet, your opponent raises and you go all in and he calls. You immediatly flip your cards over because you think you win. Your opponent checks his cards, looks at the board and doesnt do anything. The dealer begins to ship the pot your way when the other guy asks if quads are any good as he flips over pocket 10s.

Luckily that situation hasn't happened to me but hopefully now you'll understand why slowrolling is possibly the most tilting thing ever.

fubster

I was slowrolled deep in a tournament once. About 3 spots off the money, I end up getting all my chips in pre with KK. Guy stalls for legit five minutes and calls with aces. I spike a big fat kingball on the river, and we'll be seein ya you POS.

Thunder

The best way to get someone on tilt is to make a huge bluff with absolutely nothing. I have to admit I've done that a few times, and one time I had pocket kings the next hand. Well the same guy was in the hand with me and because he was on tilt, he went all in preflop against me with a,10 and lost. That only made him even madder and pretty soon, he was the ATM at the table.

Thunder

fubster said:
I was slowrolled deep in a tournament once. About 3 spots off the money, I end up getting all my chips in pre with KK. Guy stalls for legit five minutes and calls with aces. I spike a big fat kingball on the river, and we'll be seein ya you POS.
Stalling in a common tactic when you're close to the money in tournaments and low on chips.

fubster

Thunder said:
Stalling in a common tactic when you're close to the money in tournaments and low on chips.
this was a deliberate slowroll. if you full tank before calling allin with aces, then you're slowrolling people

pogostick

Jack_Black said:
I would think threatening someone would be the rudest thing to do in poker.:joker:

chitlins eh? is that a reference to stabbing someone and having their guts come out?

also, can someone explain to me why slow rolling is considered bad manners? Is it saying like I beat you so bad that I'm gonna slowly show you how I beat you? poker seems to have a unique lexicon and gesture diversity that I must learn. if it truly is rude, I might have to do it all the time now!:laugh:
Chitlins on the floor may have been a little strong ,but this punk followed him to the head & still threatened him . Remember > it is better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6

fubster

so to clarify, chitlins on the floor = guts spilled right? i'm still confused yet fascinated by this expression and i'm eager to learn its origins

mjbballar23

Ive seen a guy slowroll someone and then another guy retaliated and slowrolled him about an hour later. One of my favorite poker moments. The look on the guys face was priceless.

Sucker

fubster said:
haha slowrolling known slowrollers is the best feeling in poker
The best feeling I ever had in poker was when I won the final hand of the WSOP main event - but then I woke up and realized I was late for work :laugh:

Poker diplomacy

Taking money from other players is really not much of a problem, and many make a habit of donating. The losers take it surprisingly well, and most blame the dealer or bad luck rather than their opponent.

I recently picked up a large batch of poker books, but may were duplicates to my collection, so I'm selling the extras. There are titles on almost every games, including poker tournaments as well a few on blackjack and general gaming. Check it out: Poker and Gambling Books