Wow

blackjacktilt

So haven't really toured this site in about two weeks or so, been busy trying some new things. BTW, F**K Spanish 21.... What's the secret man? I have BS down, tried counting and got killed after having 2 pretty good sessions...
Anyway, I'm not trying to start a new thread on this and I apologize to the mods in advance... but did someone really try to fake their own death on this website? A former well respected member of this community? WTH is going on!! God I love the internet!!!

KJ banned to the ZenZone.

It would appear to be so. Either that or something worse happened that used this as a coverup. Apparently Kj (or someone using his handle and access codes) is posting about it on the ZenZone if you want to follow it beyond the banning. You can continue to follow the new revelations and post on it there.

Gamblor

No secret. I think many of the experienced members of the board repeatedly tell you, you will have sessions and streaks where you get killed, hence the need for a big bankroll. Yeah, in a bit of rut myself. It happens.

blackjacktilt

I think it's just worse because it's a game that I've recently learned about, and there's not much info on. I can get killed in blackjack, shake it off and come back. I think I still look at spanish 21 as a carny game...

Gamblor

blackjacktilt said:
I think it's just worse because it's a game that I've recently learned about, and there's not much info on. I can get killed in blackjack, shake it off and come back. I think I still look at spanish 21 as a carny game...
Yeah I personally found S21 a pain as a part time game, too many indices and even BS strategy decision, inteferes with my BJ indices. I would have to concentrate just on S21 for a while to be proficient at it.

shadroch

Two sessions and you are ready to write the game off?

My first timeout as a counter, at the El Cortez in 2001, I sat down with $100 on a $2 game and was wiped out in fifteen minutes.

If at first you don't succeed, quit and run away.

Gamblor

shadroch said:
Two sessions and you are ready to write the game off?

My first timeout as a counter, at the El Cortez in 2001, I sat down with $100 on a $2 game and was wiped out in fifteen minutes.

If at first you don't succeed, quit and run away.
It is nice to have more options, but keep in mind its a fair amount of time required to study S21 to become proficient at it, which is not for everyone, especially part timers.

If your in area with lots of S21, and if its better conditions than BJ, I would say sure, go for it. If your in an area w/o a lot of S21 and the BJ games are decent, probably not worth the time and effort to learn the game - which is considerably more than BJ. Just stick with BJ.

jaygruden

blackjacktilt said:
Anyway, I'm not trying to start a new thread on this and I apologize to the mods in advance... but did someone really try to fake their own death on this website? A former well respected member of this community? WTH is going on!! God I love the internet!!!
Guess I should start reading site announncements more often, this is news to me.....Why not just say...."I'm moving to Iceland".....and then disappear from the boards? All one has to do is stop posting unless of course this is an addiction and they can't just stop posting......

The good news is that there is now hope that Elvis is actually alive as well. "Thank you, thank you very much".

psyduck

I was initially really saddened by KJ's death. Well, I learned my lesson. I understand his situation, but really do not see how a fake death would help.

From now on, I will not feel a bit of sadness even if members claim they are all dead!!! What a waste of emotion for an internet figure!