Your thoughts on the profitability of this game

p8ntballsk8r

Rules are:

4 deck, Dealer Stands on soft 17, DAS, DOA, No surrender

Table max is 25x the table min, not that great of penetration, probably between 50 and 70% pen.

BS chart says .38 house edge, when the count gets good, if it gets good, seems like a very profitable game.

Also, cover is not an issue, the game is at a bar, I could easily play a drunken fool. Basically I'm looking at this game currently because it seems like a great way to hone my counting skills with a little bit of alcohol in me. I'm wanting to do this for practice so later on in life when I have a more fitting bankroll, I can afford to have a couple beers and not be thrown off my game.

I'm using the KO system, I'd like to spread all the way up to the table max, what would be a good ramp?
Correct me if I am wrong, in 4 deck, the IRC is -12, key count is -2. and the pivot point is 4. I start my IRC at 0 so my key and pivot points would be 10 and 16.

How should I ramp my bet to play this game profitably?

London Colin

sabre said:
How is it possible to create an optimal betting ramp without knowing your bankroll?
By talking in units?

As I understand it [*], the bankroll will map a dollar-amount to the largest bet, then you can scale all the smaller bets accordingly.

[*] i.e. not very well.

p8ntballsk8r

I've got 2k units, Ideally I'd have 2.5k units as a bank roll so I could bet the table max at the pivot point. Currently I'll be spreading 1-20 and just having fun realizing that my expected win per hour is minimal. Oh and they try to tell you that it is 4 deck, however it's definitely 6 deck. On 6deck, I can get the penetration to 4.5 to 5 decks

Blue Efficacy

p8ntballsk8r said:
I've got 2k units, Ideally I'd have 2.5k units as a bank roll so I could bet the table max at the pivot point. Currently I'll be spreading 1-20 and just having fun realizing that my expected win per hour is minimal. Oh and they try to tell you that it is 4 deck, however it's definitely 6 deck. On 6deck, I can get the penetration to 4.5 to 5 decks
Why would they try to tell you a six deck game has four decks?