Zen count

Hi,

I've been looking over the zen count strategies based on true count and was wondering about certain plays. For example, if you're dealt 12 and the dealer has 5, and the count is -1, obviously stay. But I get the impression that if the true count gets any more negative such as as -2, you are supposed to hit, based on the true count blocks. Just wondering if I am reading this correctly, and if I am, wouldn't plays like this if you were to hit cause heat?

rukus

golfer1872 said:
Hi,

I've been looking over the zen count strategies based on true count and was wondering about certain plays. For example, if you're dealt 12 and the dealer has 5, and the count is -1, obviously stay. But I get the impression that if the true count gets any more negative such as as -2, you are supposed to hit, based on the true count blocks. Just wondering if I am reading this correctly, and if I am, wouldn't plays like this if you were to hit cause heat?
you are reading that correctly. ploppies make even worse decisions that hitting 12 v 5 so dont worry about the heat. the real question, given that you have mentioned in the past that you primarily play 6-8Ders, is why are you even sitting at a table with a -2 TC...

iCountNTrack

golfer1872 said:
Hi,

I've been looking over the zen count strategies based on true count and was wondering about certain plays. For example, if you're dealt 12 and the dealer has 5, and the count is -1, obviously stay. But I get the impression that if the true count gets any more negative such as as -2, you are supposed to hit, based on the true count blocks. Just wondering if I am reading this is correctly, and if I am, wouldn't plays like this if you were to hit cause heat?

Is -2 really the index value for hitting a 12 vs 5, isn't that the index value for hi-lo. I hope you are using the old 1980 version of Zen which is markedly stronger than the new 1998 version.

rukus

iCountNTrack said:
Is -2 really the index value for hitting a 12 vs 5, isn't that the index value for hi-lo. I hope you are using the old 1980 version of Zen which is markedly stronger than the new 1998 version.
its indeed -2 :devil:

Xenophon

Yes you are correct in how you are thinking anout the true count blocks. In general think of it this way: the more negative the count is, the more rich the remaining decks are with low cards. The higher the count, the more rich the remaining decks are with high cards.

So specifically, the index plays at which you depart from normal basic strategy according to the count have been proven to be the precise correct time to switch from basic strategy, because you have more information than if you were not counting and only using basic strategy.

As others have said, you do not have to worry about making "different than normal" plays because there are so many different people playing any way they like (hunches, superstitions, etc.), that your play would usually look normal in the vast majority of situations.