Zen

If you could impeccably implement the zen count in a 6 deck shoe, what could you gain by remember side counts of 8 and 9? with a large spread, 1-8/1-12 what would this do to your EV? thanks.

21gunsalute

guitarhero said:
If you could impeccably implement the zen count in a 6 deck shoe, what could you gain by remember side counts of 8 and 9? with a large spread, 1-8/1-12 what would this do to your EV? thanks.
That is not a large spread for a 6 deck game.

FLASH1296

With an adequate spread [16 to 1 / 20 to 1] your gain will still be virtually nil.

See the chapter on "Multi-Parameter Counts" in The Theory of Blackjack.

Side-counting EIGHTS & NINES in shoe games have minuscule value IF, and only IF,

the penetration is quite deep, and you have worked out the

index adjustments for certain hands like 12's, and 13's

Side-Counting 8's and 9's will improve your win rate only very slightly,

as the information gleaned will only rarely rise to a significant degree.

QFIT

True, but let me go a step further. People look at Giffin's PE and BC calcs, using his EORs, and see a great gain in side counts. But, his calcs were based on a huge number of side count adjustments, as well as single-deck play and deep penetration. Side counts do not realize the gain to PE that exist theoretically without enormous effort, and perfect play on a huge number of perfect adjustments.

I'd like to say the opposite, since my software is the only software that supports these adjustments. But, I think it is a waste of time.