"Don’t Stay Where You Count"??

  • Roswell Crash Survivor

    "Don’t Stay Where You Count"??

    I’ve read that visitors planning to visit Vegas should avoid staying at any hotel/resort where they plan to be counting, to avoid potentially being 86ed out suite in the early hours of the morning.

    Is that actually good advice? I’m inclined to believe it is, but am open to suggestions.

    It could be classified as a variant of “Don’t shoot holes in your own boat.”

    -RCS

  • shadroch

     

    It really depends on the size of your bets. I can’t imagine any hotel, not even Terribles or El Cortez kicking you out of your room unless you were spreading multiple blacks.

  • kewljason

     

    It is my understanding that last years ruling in the Thomas Robertson case,(jerry’s nugget case) won by Bob N states that casinos in Nevada, no longer (or more accurately, never did) have the right to ban players from the property simply for AP activities. They can refuse to take your action but cannot ban you from the property without cause, meaning unless you have engaged in some other illegal activity. This certainly would include kicking you out of your room.

    However they certainly have the right to not comp you that room and for that reason alone it may still be a good idea not to play where you stay. Also despite the fact that legally, they can’t do it, you don’t want to place yourself in the position of making this argument at 3am in the morning as they are doing so.

    http://bj21.com/advantageplay/lawandtaxes/wilkinsontrespasscase.shtml

  • bj21abc

     

    if that were so – that would mean that all trespasses (for reasons of being an AP) are illegal…. ?

    However – they don’t have to provide you with a reason for the trespass, do they ? And to my understanding this comes under any place of business having a right to refuse service for whatever reason (unless it’s discrimination, and APs are not a recognized minority..)

    Quote: kewljason said:
    It is my understanding that last years ruling in the Thomas Robertson case,(jerry’s nugget case) won by Bob N states that casinos in Nevada, no longer (or more accurately, never did) have the right to ban players from the property simply for AP activities. They can refuse to take your action but cannot ban you from the property without cause, meaning unless you have engaged in some other illegal activity. This certainly would include kicking you out of your room.

    However they certainly have the right to not comp you that room and for that reason alone it may still be a good idea not to play where you stay. Also despite the fact that legally, they can’t do it, you don’t want to place yourself in the position of making this argument at 3am in the morning as they are doing so.

    http://bj21.com/advantageplay/lawandtaxes/wilkinsontrespasscase.shtml

  • tthree

     

    Quote: kewljason said:
    It is my understanding that last years ruling in the Thomas Robertson case,(jerry’s nugget case) won by Bob N states that casinos in Nevada, no longer (or more accurately, never did) have the right to ban players from the property simply for AP activities. They can refuse to take your action but cannot ban you from the property without cause, meaning unless you have engaged in some other illegal activity. This certainly would include kicking you out of your room.

    However they certainly have the right to not comp you that room and for that reason alone it may still be a good idea not to play where you stay. Also despite the fact that legally, they can’t do it, you don’t want to place yourself in the position of making this argument at 3am in the morning as they are doing so.

    http://bj21.com/advantageplay/lawandtaxes/wilkinsontrespasscase.shtml

    I always found it hard to get a room comp if you don’t play at their casino. What am I doing wrong?

  • shadroch

     

    Quote: tthree said:
    I always found it hard to get a room comp if you don’t play at their casino. What am I doing wrong?

    Where should we start?

  • BJgenius007

     

    Quote: tthree said:
    I always found it hard to get a room comp if you don’t play at their casino. What am I doing wrong?

    I play only shoe BJ, not DD, for about 2 hour a day at hotels I stay. I reduce my spread to about 5 to 1 or 8 to 1. I also play slots for 30 minutes or so. That should cover my room.

    Be gentle to the casinos that treat you right.

  • tthree

     

    Quote: BJgenius007 said:
    I play only shoe BJ, not DD, for about 2 hour a day at hotels I stay. I reduce my spread to about 5 to 1 or 8 to 1. I also play slots for 30 minutes or so. That should cover my room.

    Be gentle to the casinos that treat you right.

    Thanks. I was just making a hopefully funny smarta*s comment. Someone answered in kind with a smarta*s comment. I got a good laugh.

  • paddywhack

     

    Quote: tthree said:
    Thanks. I was just making a hopefully funny smarta*s comment. Someone answered in kind with a smarta*s comment. I got a good laugh.

    And you got the Genius advice too…..

  • Dyepaintball12

     

    Trip 1: Stay at Casino A, play rated at B. B gives you comps and offers to come back.

    Trip 2: Stay at Casino B, play rated at A. A gives you comps and offers to come back.

    Trip 3: Repeat until Rich.

  • tthree

     

    Quote: Dyepaintball12 said:
    Trip 1: Stay at Casino A, play rated at B. B gives you comps and offers to come back.

    Trip 2: Stay at Casino B, play rated at A. A gives you comps and offers to come back.

    Trip 3: Repeat until Rich.

    That’s what I was thinking when I posted my smarty post. Seemed like the most reasonable explanation. I am sure there are other ways.

  • aslan

     

    In Vegas, when I was staying at casino hotels, I always played sufficient hours there to ensure a return invitation, but my serious play was elsewhere.

    In AC and Delaware, I have always played mostly where I am staying. I may be pushing my luck, but I think two things are in my favor: (1) I am not a black chipper; and (2) I take great pains to sustain longevity. Still, eventually I suppose I will be noticed if only because it is difficult to disguise winnings, especially when they come at the end of your last shoe.

    I can see someone at the casino running a list of winning accounts. First of all, it must be a very small list. Secondly, if someone is consistently winning amounts exceeding $1,000 a trip, ears go up. That’s a big drawback to playing rated, which I only do in AC and Delaware anymore.

The BlackjackInfo Knowledge Base contains over 200,000 messages posted by the BlackjackInfo community.

Posting and replies to the knowledge base are no longer available, but comments and replies are welcomed on the blog.