Spanish 21 book

Kasi

cornedude said:
here's a thought; what happens if we count the ace as -2..?
I don't know but I'm sure it would be in a level 2 count.

The Ace is much more valuable than in BJ. Small cards cost less to a SP21 player than BJ. 7 is more advantageous to SP21 player with the 777 and 678 bonuses. Those bonuses turn an 8 into a good card in SP21 compared to neutral in BJ. 9's and 10's are less valuable to SP21 player than in BJ.

The only thing is a different count might require different index numbers and index departure is also a larger part of possible EV compared to BJ.

Side-counting Aces seems like a very likely possibilty to me too.

That's what I was thinking, what with the aces being so powerfull, but also it would put the starting count back to 0. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get used to starting at -24....Besides that Kat's first book gave me enough homework to keep me busy for a while. It would be interresting to see how much more or less powerfull a system like that complete with basic and indices would be.

Kasi

cornedude said:
That's what I was thinking, what with the aces being so powerfull, but also it would put the starting count back to 0. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll get used to starting at -24....Besides that Kat's first book gave me enough homework to keep me busy for a while. It would be interresting to see how much more or less powerfull a system like that complete with basic and indices would be.

Well, in case u missed it at the beginning of this thread she says a 1 2 2 2 1 0 0 0 -1 -2 ( I think that's what it was) gives a very high correlation to the EOR's.

Brock Windsor

Late to the board on this but finally got my copy and started going through it. As a text I think this is a great book, the frequency tables in the back are excellent for calculating hourly expectation, something other BJ books seem to miss. Curious if anyone has blackjack frequency charts for 1-8 decks? I know Blackbelt in BJ publishes 6-deck 75% pen freq charts, any of you folks have other ones? Trying to get apples to apples comparisons to see which houses are better with respect to hourly return for counting SP21 vs BJ.
BW

nightspirit

Brock Windsor said:
Curious if anyone has blackjack frequency charts for 1-8 decks? I know Blackbelt in BJ publishes 6-deck 75% pen freq charts, any of you folks have other ones? Trying to get apples to apples comparisons to see which houses are better with respect to hourly return for counting SP21 vs BJ.
BW
You can find TC frequencies for blackjack in BJA3 Chapter X, Snyder's Beat the X-deck game series or Qfit's CVCX Online Viewer for example. Or use simply CVCX. ;)

EasyRhino

Resurrecting this old topic.

So of those that have studying and learning this, how difficult is learning Sp21 for a person of slightly below-average intelligence such as myself?

Kasi

Brock Windsor said:
the frequency tables in the back are excellent for calculating hourly expectation, ...Trying to get apples to apples comparisons to see which houses are better with respect to hourly return for counting SP21 vs BJ.BW
Just keep in mind that her advantages by TC in App B are always the same for any of the Freq in App C. They would change if pen is 65% compared to 90% just like they do in BJ. I forget what pen level they were based on. And don't forget her TC's are rounded which would make the frequencies not comparable to BJ too. Unless you wanted to round them for BJ with a sim to make it a little more apples to apples.

Kasi

EasyRhino said:
Resurrecting this old topic.

So of those that have studying and learning this, how difficult is learning Sp21 for a person of slightly below-average intelligence such as myself?
It's just learning a new BS - not difficult at all. Hit thru 14 vs 2 and you're already most of the way there. (in AC anyway).

New indexes which are pretty easy too, at least her version of I18.

Uses Hi-lo so, if that's your system, piece of cake.

If you're gonna count it, I'd recommend buying the book.

Rhino: it's very easy and that is coming from a guy who certainly doesn't consider himself the shiniest coin in the fountain (me). Heh heh. Seriously though you can learn the basic version (without the when to not double and instead hit and go for the 21) in an hour or two I would guess. It is really almost simpler than learning the blackjack BS without that stuff. And then once I got that down I just started learning the other stuff which is in a way common sense. I just made up some flashcards and that was that. I don't get a chance to play SP21 very often so I just quiz myself on occasion. Still haven't tackled the indices although I plan to soon.

EasyRhino

For those who have done the math, what's preferable:

Doubledeck H17 BJ, poor penetration (55%), occasional wongouts, ~1-8 spread.
6D H17 Spanish 21, avg penetration (1.5deck), occasional wongouts. ~1-12 spread.

cardcounter0

EasyRhino said:
For those who have done the math, what's preferable:

Doubledeck H17 BJ, poor penetration (55%), occasional wongouts, ~1-8 spread.
6D H17 Spanish 21, avg penetration (1.5deck), occasional wongouts. ~1-12 spread.
6D H17 Spanish 21, avg penetration (1.5deck), frequent wongouts. ~1-25 spread.

Using this thread for my questions?

Im finishing learning the bs for spanish21.(and reading katarina walker book)

is an amazing book(one of the best book i have read, very explicit and clear!) all of my questions have been answered except for one.

Let me start by saying I have CVdata(the efficiency calculator in this program is for blackjack not for spanish21).
the book focus on the hi-low count but I don't want to change my counting strategy so....
i want to know exactly what is the efficiency of the zen count in spanish21?
(in spanish21 the Ace has more value for the player than in blackjack because our blackjack beats the house blackjack, in this count the tag for the ace is -1 and the X has a less value for the player "in compare to blackjack BUT STILL VALUABLE")
Secondly
How can i generate my indices(obviously they are not the same for this game!) using the CVData?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
DANTE

"FIRST, WE ARE GOING TO CUT IT OFF, AND THEN, WE ARE GOING TO KILL IT":flame::whip:
Colin Powell (American general)

Sonny

LordDante said:
i want to know exactly what is the efficiency of the zen count in spanish21?
I get a BC of about 0.906, a bit worse than standard HiLo (around 0.950) but still a good choice.

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
I get a BC of about 0.906, a bit worse than standard HiLo (around 0.950) but still a good choice.

-Sonny-
SP21 has very different EoR for the cards than BJ. 7 is a neutral card like 8 is in BJ and counting the 7 hurts you.

For SP21 (S17) I get for BC's:

High-Low: 0.920
Zen: 0.916
RPC: 0.922
Secret Monkey Count: 0.962
Unmanageable Count {A...10} {-2.5,1,1,2,2,1,0,-0.5,-0.5,-1}: 0.994

Sonny

I was using the EoRs from Wild Bill's post 8 years ago. He may have been using a different set of rules than the ones currently available. I'm sure the game has changed since then, but I really haven't kept up with it.

-Sonny-

BC too low

Damn those BCs are too low

I presume, i have to change my counting method.

Using 2 differents counts can get confusing.

What to do?(do i learn a new one or not):confused: