Licentia's Optimized 6/49 Combination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, hope this is okay to post here. What I am going to do is post 1 combination before every Canadian 6/49 draw. Why am I going to do this you ask? Because I bet I can average better than '1 number in 6' over all the combinations I post.

I will attempt to do this 10 times, though I may be too busy to do consecutive draws, yet I will try to do 10 times.

Here are a few sites where you can get the updated Canadian 6/49 results:

http://www.mylotto649.com/winningnumbers/lotto649/
(Dead link: http://www.lottolore.com/lotto649.html)
(Dead link: http://bclc.com/app/DidYouWin/WinningNumbers/Lotto649.asp)

Licentia

Okay, here is my optimized combination for the Canadian 6/49 draw for Saturday August 9th:

06 14 24 35 41 44

This is good fun. If I fail to achieve my goal of better than '1 number in 6'
over the 10 draws then you can all laugh at me.

Licentia

InPlay said:
Try agian ! Minus 1 and counting !
lol, thanks for the encouragement! I especially like that pic you chose.

Here was the 6/49 result for Saturday August 9th:

01 34 37 39 40 42

Here was my prediction: 06 14 24 35 41 44

I am currently '0/6'

Licentia

So let us understand what I am trying to do. I am trying to average more than '1 in 6' numbers over 10 combos. That means that I am hoping to get more than 10 numbers drawn from the 60 numbers that I will choose over the 10 draws I play. Currently I am at 0/6.

The odds of picking 1 number correct out of 6 is: '1 in 8.17.'

Consider how pathetic that is for the average player. How seldom they even manage to get 1 out of 6! Much less 3 of 6 for $10.

Licentia

Canceler

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Licentia said:
The odds of picking 1 number correct out of 6 is: '1 in 8.17.'

Consider how pathetic that is for the average player. How seldom they even manage to get 1 out of 6! Much less 3 of 6 for $10.
That you're doing this at all tells me you think you can beat the odds. Yet you seem to indicate that attempting to do so is futile. What are you trying to show us here?

I am attempting to show just how difficult it is, this thing I am attempting to do, so that after you all see me do it, you will then appreciate just how hard it was.

Also, if my math is wrong don't laugh, please correct me.

Perhaps someone with top notch math skills like Sonny could calculate what is the odds of getting 10 numbers out of 60 (10 numbers in 10 draws from 6 number combinations {60 numbers total} in the 6/49)? I would have no idea how to do such a calculation.

Licentia

callipygian

Licentia said:
if my math is wrong don't laugh, please correct me
This is going to sound mean, but I mean it in the nicest way possible.

Why are you willing to let people correct your simple arithmetic mistakes, but unwilling to accept their overarching opinion that your entire system is invalid?

callipygian said:

Why are you willing to let people correct your simple arithmetic mistakes, but unwilling to accept their overarching opinion that your entire system is invalid?
Licentia, don't be discouraged - they laughed at the Wright Bros and they laughed at Galileo, too. zg

callipygian said:

I base my understanding on the results I see, not what others say works and doesn't work. Until my results agree with what others say, I will maintain my position.

Why should anyone test a new theory after someone else has denied the possibility? If so Columbus would never have sailed for fear of falling off the side of the earth!

Anyway, I don't want this thread to turn into a battle. Please let us not do that! Let's keep this thread clean and neat and free of skepticism until after the 10 draws are complete. Please!

callipygian

Licentia said:
I base my understanding on the results I see, not what others say works and doesn't work.
So when you hit hard 12 vs. dealer 7 and bust, do you stand the next time you're faced with that decision, or do you accept what others say - that you should always hit?

Sonny

zengrifter said:
Licentia, don't be discouraged - they laughed at the Wright Bros and they laughed at Galileo, too. zg
That’s a good point ZG. Then again, the Wright Bros knew a thing or two about math. They weren’t just jumping off the roof flapping their wings like poor Licentia. I almost don’t have the heart to tell her that she’s been scammed again by an old bar bet. :sad:

-Sonny-

callipygian said:
So when you hit hard 12 vs. dealer 7 and bust, do you stand the next time you're faced with that decision, or do you accept what others say - that you should always hit?
I base my understanding on hundreds of thousands of hands played, not one hand. I think you know this. Please, drop the topic.

Licentia

Status
Not open for further replies.