Recent content by phantom

  1. P

    Boards closing, discussion

    Wait.....you run blackjacktournaments.com also? These two forums are the only ones I go to. Damn! :(
  2. P

    Boards closing, discussion

    I've just got to where I post a little and now the board is closing. I feel like I've been dealt an 11 and the dealer has a blackjack. :(
  3. P

    I wouldn't feel so bad if I just lost...

    I always feel better after reading this forum and in a couple of days I'm planning my next trip to the casinos. At least last time I did pay for the gas and got 3 days and 8 meals free. ;)
  4. P

    I wouldn't feel so bad if I just lost...

    I doubt if it was 100 hands. Probably more like 50 or 60. Double deck and slow dealers most of the time. The count never got very negative. Other people at the table were getting plenty of 20s and blackjacks. I got so many 14s, I thought about betting it on the roulette wheel.
  5. P

    I wouldn't feel so bad if I just lost...

    If I just lost from the start of my trip till the end consistently, I wouldn't feel so bad. It seems like ever 3 day trip I take I do really good the first 2 days. I'm ahead several hundred dollars and I think, "Hey, I'm pretty good at this." Visions of being a career blackjack player come...
  6. P

    Question About Knockout Blackjack

    From what I gather the best thing about Knockout Blackjack is that you don't have to convert to the true count all the time. This is because you count the 7's as positive 1's. My question is wouldn't this only be accurate if the 7's were equally distributed in the deck(s)? What if the...
  7. P

    How bad is the blackjack etiquette?

    I forgot to mention the dealer's upcard was a 6 so he wasn't going to take but one card regardless.
  8. P

    How bad is the blackjack etiquette?

    I was playing blackjack in Tunica last weekend and one guy got down to his last $5 chip. He bet it and got a 9 and 2. He held up his cards asking for another $5 chip to double down with but didn't say anything. This guy was clearly mad or depressed that he was losing. The lady next to...
  9. P

    Any Good BJ Magazines

    Are there any magazines specifically for blackjack players and card counters?
  10. P

    A practice tip that helped me

    Not really the same thing but it reminded me of something funny. After a long day of playing in Vegas I got back to my room and was counting my money. I was counting to myself... 1 (hundred), 2 .....9, 10, Jack, Queen, :laugh:
  11. P

    I hate having a losing trip

    Just lost about $1200 on the last day of a trip. I was ahead until the last few hours. That includes the $450 I paid for tournament entries and couldn't get past the first round. Sometimes I think I'd be better off staying home and working over at my job. Then after a couple of...
Back
Top