A Cautionary Tale

iCountNTrack

k_c said:
I guess my first question is, "What are normalized EORs and how do they eliminate effects from changing deck size?" (My knowledge of statistical methods is approxiamtely 0 . :eek:)
Normalized_EOR=EOR*(52*(deck_size)-1)/52

Where deck size is the size of shoe or deck where the card is being removed from.

The division by the number of decks will eliminate the effects from changing the deck size and you will be to compare underlying charateristics of the actual deck composition instead of the size.

7,8,9 Not so Fine

Many if not all of the higher level counts take 7 and 9 into consideration.

There has been work done on the value of keeping side counts for playing considerations. There is jut not much to be offered in return for the extra work involved.:joker::whip:

The eor for 7,8,9 is just not very much. The cards are referred to as neutral for that reason.:joker::whip:

k_c

iCountNTrack said:
Normalized_EOR=EOR*(52*(deck_size)-1)/52

Where deck size is the size of shoe or deck where the card is being removed from.

The division by the number of decks will eliminate the effects from changing the deck size and you will be to compare underlying charateristics of the actual deck composition instead of the size.
Is this what you're saying, using best strategy full shoe EOR of 1 six for 1 and 2 decks as an example?

single deck EOR = .45159; Normalized_EOR = 51/52*.45159 = .4429
2 deck EOR = .21837; Normalized_EOR = 103/52*.21837 = .4325

The normalized EOR allows for comparison of the 2 cases?

iCountNTrack

k_c said:
Is this what you're saying, using best strategy full shoe EOR of 1 six for 1 and 2 decks as an example?

single deck EOR = .45159; Normalized_EOR = 51/52*.45159 = .4429
2 deck EOR = .21837; Normalized_EOR = 103/52*.21837 = .4325

The normalized EOR allows for comparison of the 2 cases?
That is correct, you can compare the two in this case after correcting for deck size (using normalization), if we calcualte the normalized EOR for 1 six for a 4D shoe you will get 0.4262. These normalized EORs show why we love games with fewer decks. Good games that is of course :grin:.