Adding Member to a Conversation

gronbog

I recently started a conversation with a few members and I selected the option which allows anyone in the conversation to invite others. That's exactly what I would like to do now, but I can't seem to find the right buttons to push. Am I missing something, or is this feature not really enabled?

London Colin

gronbog said:
Nope -- I checked that button (said that in the original complaint). Still won't let me do it.
And, even without checking that option, as the originator of the conversation, you yourself should be able to do it. (That's how it appears to be working on blackjacktournaments.com.)

Tum

Administrator
Hey guys sorry for the late response. You should be able to edit your own conversation messages now.....there was a time limit of 5 minutes originally set which I have removed

Tum

Administrator
You should be able to invite others to the conversation by clicking on the "Add More" link in the right hand column under "Conversation Participants"

London Colin

Tum said:
Hey guys sorry for the late response. You should be able to edit your own conversation messages now.....there was a time limit of 5 minutes originally set which I have removed
Thanks for that. I can indeed see the edit option on my existing messages.

Have you removed the time limit altogether? I can see the logic in there being a cutoff point, in order to prevent any attempts to go back and alter history. We just need longer than five minutes to deal with our spelling mistakes and so on!

Tum said:
You should be able to invite others to the conversation by clicking on the "Add More" link in the right hand column under "Conversation Participants"
I still don't see it on the existing conversation. Maybe your change is only going to affect new ones.

Tum

Administrator
London Colin said:
Thanks for that. I can indeed see the edit option on my existing messages.

Have you removed the time limit altogether? I can see the logic in there being a cutoff point, in order to prevent any attempts to go back and alter history. We just need longer than five minutes to deal with our spelling mistakes and so on!
Ok I've set it to 30 minutes. Hopefully that's long enough?

London Colin said:
I still don't see it on the existing conversation. Maybe your change is only going to affect new ones.
I think if the creator of the conversation checked the option to allow anyone to invite it should work. The creator should always be able to see the "add more" link regardless

Tum

Administrator
So to clarify, the conversation starter has to enable "Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others" which is located at the bottom when they start the conversation.

allow-checkbox-png.9009

Now whoever is invited to the conversation should be able to see an "Invite More" link on the right hand side under "Conversation Participants"

invite-more-png.9010

This "Invite More" link should also always be there for whoever started the conversation

gronbog

Thanks for looking into this Tum. I'm seeing the "invite more" button in the conversation I started with you. I'm not seeing it in the conversation that I started that I actually want to add someone to. I'm wondering if there is a limit on the number of participants. The conversation in question already has 6 participants.