Al Rogers

revrac

So I walked up to a table and was playing a game and there were two older gentlemen at the table. Within the first 5 minutes, the guy closest to me gave me a wink when I raised my bet. A few hands later when i lowered my bet he said, "thats right, time to take it down". Now I don't know if he was counting or just knew what counting looked like cause he was not really spreading his bet. He at one point did spread up to 3 times in a high count but he wasn't betting more each time the count was high. I don't know if he was just trying to earn comps and some food while having a drink or what.

The other guy at the table, who was completely clueless as how to play, kept betting the pair square bet and each time i would get a pair he would moan about how i should be betting it. The older man who seemed to know what was going on said, "leave the man alone, i can guarantee you he will never take that bet". And muttered to me that the guy to his right was a jerkoff. After about 45 minutes I had won a good chunk of money and I noticed the pit get on the phone off to my right. I was counting my chips before i was going to color up and the guy said, "its probably time you got out of here" which i was just about to do.

As i left the table he said, tell my friend Al Rogers I said hello. I wouldn't of posted Al Rogers name for fear of outting someone but I looked him up and apparently he is already well known so no big deal. It was a peculiar incident and not sure who the guy was whether a counter or just a very astute player but I found it interesting. Of course i had no idea who Al Rogers was but he seemed to think I may of took lessons from him or something. To any extent, if Al happens to read these boards a friend says hello, didn't catch the mans name though.

bigplayer

revrac said:
So I walked up to a table and was playing a game and there were two older gentlemen at the table. Within the first 5 minutes, the guy closest to me gave me a wink when I raised my bet. A few hands later when i lowered my bet he said, "thats right, time to take it down". Now I don't know if he was counting or just knew what counting looked like cause he was not really spreading his bet. He at one point did spread up to 3 times in a high count but he wasn't betting more each time the count was high. I don't know if he was just trying to earn comps and some food while having a drink or what.

The other guy at the table, who was completely clueless as how to play, kept betting the pair square bet and each time i would get a pair he would moan about how i should be betting it. The older man who seemed to know what was going on said, "leave the man alone, i can guarantee you he will never take that bet". And muttered to me that the guy to his right was a jerkoff. After about 45 minutes I had won a good chunk of money and I noticed the pit get on the phone off to my right. I was counting my chips before i was going to color up and the guy said, "its probably time you got out of here" which i was just about to do.

As i left the table he said, tell my friend Al Rogers I said hello. I wouldn't of posted Al Rogers name for fear of outting someone but I looked him up and apparently he is already well known so no big deal. It was a peculiar incident and not sure who the guy was whether a counter or just a very astute player but I found it interesting. Of course i had no idea who Al Rogers was but he seemed to think I may of took lessons from him or something. To any extent, if Al happens to read these boards a friend says hello, didn't catch the mans name though.
Al manages Wong's BJ21 website. The other guy was just saying "I know you're a card counter"

Friendo

C.a.?

Maybe counters should be called "Friends of Al"?

I have a CA meeting after work at a quiet place nearby, with nice felt tables.

Simon from "American Idol"

He has certainly become well known to me in the last month or so!... I see the name and what comes to mind... I can't help it... but I think of that arrogant Simon guy from "American Idol" after he deleted something I wrote. hahahahaa

If I get somebody like that at my table, I am likely to leave. Flapping your jaws about anything like that even in front of the dealer or other players is bad and perhaps really stupid.

revrac

bigplayer said:
Al manages Wong's BJ21 website. The other guy was just saying "I know you're a card counter"
He probably was just saying that. He obviously knew, which is one more reason i didn't really want to stick around too much longer. At the time, I was able to honestly tell him I have no idea who that is.

revrac said:

I will send ur msge to Al

HockeXpert

Friendo said:
Maybe counters should be called "Friends of Al"?

I have a CA meeting after work at a quiet place nearby, with nice felt tables.
Great idea! The Friends of Al R are meeting at eM Gee eM tonight.

Tarzan said:
He has certainly become well known to me in the last month or so!... I see the name and what comes to mind... I can't help it... but I think of that arrogant Simon guy from "American Idol" after he deleted something I wrote. hahahahaa

If I get somebody like that at my table, I am likely to leave. Flapping your jaws about anything like that even in front of the dealer or other players is bad and perhaps really stupid.
If you did leave the table, you would likely lose out on a tmendous opportunity to learn something

Al Rogers

BJ21.com Administrator
For the record

I have no idea who the people at the table were that the original poster referred to. I have not previously heard of such an incident, and certainly do not condone it.

Dyepaintball12

Most Interesting Man said:
A more appropriate way being... ? The secret card counter handshake? :grin:
He was being too obvious.

My favorite was when I was playing at a table and a guy is sitting next to me and after a while says: "Hey, did you guys know that Mr. Pacman was based off a Pizza with a slice taken out? Yeah, I read about it in a book by a guy named Ken Uston."

:rolleyes:

revrac

Al Rogers said:
I have no idea who the people at the table were that the original poster referred to. I have not previously heard of such an incident, and certainly do not condone it.
He was a slender older man probably in his late 50's balding on top with medium length grayish hair around the side and looked like he's lived a tough life as a trucker or something. bigplayer probably hit the nail on the head when he said, "The other guy was just saying "I know you're a card counter"". I originally took it as he thought I knew you and was really saying say hello to someone but feel that probably wasn't the case.