Anybody try this with the Cut Card?

13Counter

Don't know if anybody has ever done this...but I can't help myself sometimes. Anytime I get the cut card and I have a positive TC, I hide the cut card. I put it on my lap or just hold it in my hand out of sight of the dealer. Doesn't work all the times but I have been able to avoid the shuffle, where the dealer will deal out another one or two hands before they ask, "who has the cut card?".

I usually get away with that trick one or two times per weekend when I play BJ. It has paid off for me when it works, although some dealers find it annoying. Other may think its ethically wrong, but I'm not out to make friends just money.

Anybody else try this? I used it in LV and AC and the worse thing a dealer has said to me is please stop that.

Southpaw

13Counter said:
Don't know if anybody has ever done this...but I can't help myself sometimes. Anytime I get the cut card and I have a positive TC, I hide the cut card. I put it on my lap or just hold it in my hand out of sight of the dealer. Doesn't work all the times but I have been able to avoid the shuffle, where the dealer will deal out another one or two hands before they ask, "who has the cut card?".

I usually get away with that trick one or two times per weekend when I play BJ. It has paid off for me when it works, although some dealers find it annoying. Other may think its ethically wrong, but I'm not out to make friends just money.

Anybody else try this? I used it in LV and AC and the worse thing a dealer has said to me is please stop that.
Oh my goodness. If you are able to get an 1-2 extra rounds out of this on a 6-deck shoe every once in a while, that is huge plus EV. You may be going from 1.5 decks cut-off to the equivalent of 1 deck off or less, which will more than double the EV of the shoe.

Nice trick. Keep it up. But don't get caught :eek:

SP

Southpaw

Automatic Monkey said:
Done it. Hid it under a cocktail napkin!
Ah, so this strategy is well-theorized eh, AM? So, the dealer just literally forgets that the cut-card came out that round and continues to deal? I like this.

SP

blackjackomaha

Interesting. I might have to attempt this next time I'm at a table where the dealer actually gives the cut card to the players. Lately, many dealers around here have been placing the cut card by the discards :(

zoomie

Automatic Monkey said:
Done it. Hid it under a cocktail napkin!
In a positive shoe I always put it behind a coffee cup or glass. I eventually "notice" it before we run out of cards . . . :grin:

13Counter said:
Neat trick. zg

Brock Windsor

If I'm on 3rd I tuck it in tight to the discard rack or just put my left hand on top of it. Unfortunately other players tend to speak up and remind the dealer the card came out.
BW

Southpaw said:
Ah, so this strategy is well-theorized eh, AM? So, the dealer just literally forgets that the cut-card came out that round and continues to deal? I like this.

SP
And sometimes I remind her it came out... after I see my cards!

Blue Efficacy

blackjackomaha said:
Interesting. I might have to attempt this next time I'm at a table where the dealer actually gives the cut card to the players. Lately, many dealers around here have been placing the cut card by the discards :(
Maybe the topic of this thiread is the reason they do this!

zoomie

Brock Windsor said:
If I'm on 3rd I tuck it in tight to the discard rack or just put my left hand on top of it. Unfortunately other players tend to speak up and remind the dealer the card came out.
BW
In my experience the dealer forgets much more often than remembers :rolleyes: , and I have not been bothered by other players on this ploy. Everything else, yes :flame: , but not this one.

metronome

I am going to have to try this.
Shreveport LA. games, the dealer always tosses the yellow "wild card" to the players, i think based on whom they believe wants to cut next shoe.
I will be surprised if this works, as the "presenting" the deck for the cut seems to be a very ingrained part of the shuffle process.... but, we will see.