Asking for SD help/info

runningaces

Hello all, been awhile since I posted, recently had a very good trip to Vegas playing SD in my spare time. I only played 2 shops on the strip and they were MGM/Mirage shops. I'm going to be heading back out to Vegas fairly soon and was hoping some of you could help me out.

I really only want to play on the strip, and as mentioned I want to focus primarily on SD this next trip, I'm open for PM if you want to do it that way or could just reply on here. What I'm looking for is this: Any places to avoid? I don't frequent many HET props, but are there SD games same as MGM? I spreaded from $10-$60 last trip and had great success, very short sessions ( less than 20min.) I'm not worried about heat so much, but if there is certain stores that are sweatier I'd like to know. I'm not afraid of a $25min bet as well, but I really liked the $10 min I found.

Thank you in advance.

runningaces

I thought 6-5 was standard pay on BJ in SD, I understand that El Cortez pays 3-2 on their SD but I thought that they were about it. I also don't want to play there again, their suits don't like me. Anyway thanks, I must have experienced above avg EV, as always it's just too good to be true.

bj bob

runningaces said:
I thought 6-5 was standard pay on BJ in SD, I must have experienced above avg EV, as always it's just too good to be true.
6:5 blackjack is virtually unplayable since it renders an additional 1.4% to the HA. That's why you see no heat there. If you want 3:2 SD BJ then head north about 350 miles.

runningaces

I have never played a game that pays 6-5 besides single deck, I honestly thought that 6-5 was the norm in SD. You can go back to my posts 2 yr ago when I joined this site, I started off playing DD exclusively and would never play an inferior game like 6-5 BJ. So I got lucky and beat a bad game recently I guess.

I don't have simulators, I'm terrible on computers so this is why I asked this question. Now someone will probably post that I still shouldn't win at this game but I find it hard to believe that I cant make a profit at SD even with 6-5. Obv. I won't play a full table ( 1 hand only played). But, I do believe all you veterans 100% that I shouldn't win when you tell me because you have the stats right there. All in all I played 8 sessions of SD none more than 20 minutes and made around 1500.00. Lucky I guess.