It sounds like "Winners option Blackjack". I've noticed this game is starting to pop up around different casinos. I got excited the first time I saw this game thinking that you would be able to bet the players spot in pos counts and the dealer spot in neg counts. I got a copy of the rules from the casino and when I got home I tried to find an edge. Unfortunately there is none because when you play the dealers spot you have no options on hitting. Here's how the game works.
There are two spots on the table in the shape of diamonds. One with the letter "P" for player and one with a "D" for the dealer. You can play one or the other spot but not both. If you play the player spot "P" it is just regular blackjack. If you choose to play the dealers spot "D", you now must play your hand identically like the dealer. So you must draw to 16 and stand on all 17's and above. Now because you play like the dealer you cannot double down or split and blackjacks only pay 1-1. Now the object of the game when playing "D" is to lose to the dealer hand. So if you get a blackjack the only way you can win is if the dealer busts. If you get a 19 you need the dealer to get a 20 or 21 for you to win. Sounds crazy, well it is a total sucker bet. Also if both you and the dealer bust then you lose half of your bet.
Whenever I've seen this game very few patrons actually play the dealers spot, it is just not a good bet and most ploppies don't understand the game because there are no rules displayed. I don't see this game lasting very long. Does this sound like the game Dyepaint?