best counting system for single/double deck? any advise?

moo321

Adding a 3rd card to side-count is not worth it. Side-counting aces is marginal, 7's is ridiculous. But side-counting 3 cards is just stupid, and I don't know why we had to have a big, hairy debate about it.

Beast

Hi,

Ok, one last comment. If you are hellbent on splitting hairs about the A02 and Hi-Opt II so be it. The A02 is a miniscule of a fraction stronger than Hi-Opt II both with Aces for betting for single deck. But, the Hi-Opt II is a miniscule stronger than A02 for shoes as sims show. Again, this is really splitting hairs. What it comes down to is I would rather count the more simply count given two equals.

Beast

P.S. I don't have Bryson's book anymore, but if it says what you say about getting .90 PE with the 7's, 8's and 9's then Bryson is wrong. If you don't believe me maybe you can ask someone else like T-Hopper or another guru. Hell, just ask Snyder. I would think this is common knowledge by now.

jack.jackson

Beast said:
Hi,

Ok, one last comment. If you are hellbent on splitting hairs about the A02 and Hi-Opt II so be it. The A02 is a miniscule of a fraction stronger than Hi-Opt II both with Aces for betting for single deck. But, the Hi-Opt II is a miniscule stronger than A02 for shoes as sims show. Again, this is really splitting hairs. What it comes down to is I would rather count the more simply count given two equals.

Beast

P.S. I don't have Bryson's book anymore, but if it says what you say about getting .90 PE with the 7's, 8's and 9's then Bryson is wrong. If you don't believe me maybe you can ask someone else like T-Hopper or another guru. Hell, just ask Snyder. I would think this is common knowledge by now.
If you want to turn this into a third grade game, of gets the last word then ill play with ya. As a matter of fact i said side counting 7,8,9s will in fact give you a PE .95 not .90 Believe it or not! The choice is yours!
The 6 maybe have a highe PE than a 8, but the 6 is already valued in the main count. And whos to say MR.T and snyder know carlson count better than he does. Even IF they were to dispute that fact.

Beast

Hi,

Yes, not counting the cards included in the main count was a mistake made by Humble back in the 70's as I said. If Bryson's book says what you say it is probably just a reprint of an earlier version probably with only the index numbers updated with the more modern software but that's just a guess.

Best,

Beast

Last edited:

jack.jackson

Beast said:
Hi,

Yes, not counting the cards included in the main count was a mistake made by Humble back in the 70's as I said. If Bryson's book says what you say it is probably just a reprint of an earlier version probably with only the index numbers updated with the more modern software but that's just a guess.

Best,

Beast
I would not say it, unless it did say that! And you must realize just because he doesnt give you optimal indexes, doesnt mean other aspects arent optimal!

jack.jackson

Time has come today.

A shaman friend of mine once told me, as we sat together around a camp fire, out in the middle of nowhere.

As i looked into the eyes of the indian, he told me, no matter who you are, what you do, what you say, or even how you say it. There will always be somebody that hates you, no matter who you are, or what kind of person you are.
And you must walk through hell to get to heaven! And i would know when its my time to go.
Tonight is my time to go, and to never return!

Good luck to ya all! And may lady luck guide you to that rainbow of adventure anchored in gold. Farewell jj.

Beast

Knox said:
Says who? I start the IRC at zero for all number of decks with KO and it works fine. Sure, the key count and pivot point are different, but remember 3 sets of those (SD, DD, 6D) is easy. I also find this makes true count conversions easier. Just starting to dabble in that for betting purposes, then looking to explore effect on index plays.
Hi Knox,

Sure, you could run numbers for your favorite game with a starting count of 0 and get the TC indices for THAT game. The drawback is you can't take those numbers with you to other games. But, say you start your running count at -4 times number of decks and generate numbers for each game (1,2,6,etc) then the numbers will be very similiar across the full spectrum of games just like a balanced system that starts RC at 0.

Good luck.

Beast

Beast said:
If you are absolutely wanting the strongest system, but don't want to go to a two level count the K-O true counted is by far the best. It is equal to the Zen. With a side count of Aces or 7's it is equal to the Hi-Opt II.
Sounds suspect. zg

Beast said:
You cannot use the 7 and 8 sidecounts to get a PE of .90 for any count...Period. The next best card to count besides the 7 for playing is the 6 which was proven by John Imming back in the early 90's.
Where did you come by this? I too thought the 8 was next and could be used with 7s as a single block for bivaluate approximations. zg

Beast

I got this from John Imming's "Universal Blackjack Engine, Professional Edition" back in the mid 90's. It was the standard by which all other sim programs were judged at that time. Then, when Mr. Imming went into seclusion because of illness he stopped updating the software and then SBA and others came along to fill the void. I was lucky enough to get the latest version. It had the unique ability to generate side count adjustments for playing through simulation and you could sim those to see the difference for your favorite game.

Beast