Best Counting System

Hey Guys

okay well I know there's no 'best' counting system, and reading the FAQ it's whatever works for you. But I was wondering, not what you use, but what is most effective if used 100% correct, i.e., no errors.

I'm talking about a typical vegas game of black jack high stakes. I've only just started card counting, stupidly on Hi-Opt II... I know for a fact if I learn an easy system first my chances of changing will be relatively difficult... I know you won't agree with me when I say this but I want to start off with the most effective system out there, no matter how much training I need before I put it into action...

Thanks in advance

Anonymous

jack.jackson

Anonymous said:
Hey Guys

okay well I know there's no 'best' counting system, and reading the FAQ it's whatever works for you. But I was wondering, not what you use, but what is most effective if used 100% correct, i.e., no errors.

I'm talking about a typical vegas game of black jack high stakes. I've only just started card counting, stupidly on Hi-Opt II... I know for a fact if I learn an easy system first my chances of changing will be relatively difficult... I know you won't agree with me when I say this but I want to start off with the most effective system out there, no matter how much training I need before I put it into action...

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
If there happened to be a such thing as the best system,(without multi-parameters) and to answer your question in a realistic manner, as you requested, it would probably look something like this. Which by the way is an actual sytem.

2334320-1-4(4)

With this sysyem its possible to sidecount A vs X(A-4/X+1) to convert into two other sytems for insurance and betting purposes.

42334320-1-5(Ic.93)
2334320-1-4(Pe.68)
2334320-1-3-4(Bc.997)

You would add or subtract the secondary count, depending on the situation.

For example, if your secondary count is negative, you would ADD this to your main count to form the Insurance count, while subtract for betting.

If your secondary count was positive, you would now be Adding this to your Main count for betting purposes, while subtracting for Insurance.

Any questions?

Sonny

Anonymous said:
I know you won't agree with me when I say this but I want to start off with the most effective system out there, no matter how much training I need before I put it into action...
How about the Thorp Ultimate system:

2 = +5
3 = +6
4 = +8
5 = +11
6 = +6
7 = +4
8 = 0
9 = -3
T = -7
A = -9

Keep a side count of the exact number of cards left, then divide your running count by that number.

-Sonny-

jack.jackson

Sonny said:

2 = +5
3 = +6
4 = +8
5 = +11
6 = +6
7 = +4
8 = 0
9 = -3
T = -7
A = -9

Keep a side count of the exact number of cards left, then divide your running count by that number.

-Sonny-

Why dont you show him some of the Griffin Counts:p

lool, good luck to learn the "Thorp Ultimate system" :grin:

Personnaly, i think that a too high level counting system is not the best way, because, of course you'll get a better playing efficiency, etc.. But, to use it for many many hours will be very difficult.

We can see that, for example, for the 3 level card system "uston apc", Uston himself did not use this strategy.... :rolleyes:

Anonymous said:
Hey Guys

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
High stakes implies 6D strip games - so the easiest/best would be UB-ZEN (no TC adjust).
Next up from there would be Mentor w/TC adjust. zg

Last edited:

callipygian

Anonymous said:
I want to start off with the most effective system out there, no matter how much training I need before I put it into action.
Memorize each card that comes out and then memorize the 1,000,000,000,000,000 different charts that correspond to having different combinations of cards remaining.

That's for single deck. I believe the double deck game will have about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 different combinations of cards at 50% penetration.

Good luck.

ThodorisK

The halves is easy and accurate enough. That's the one I am using. I think in the other more accureate systems you have to count aces separetely and use unbalanced counts, things that piss me off.

If you definitelly do not want to ever bet on unfavourable situations because of the error of the accuracy of the counting system, then simply bet only at higher true counts (e.g. above +2). The only cost of this is opportunity cost, as you will not bet in some favourable situations.

Last edited:
By doing this :
what would it give you? would it give your true count? then you substract true count by 1 and multiply it by your unit bet? = money to bet
unit bet = 1/1000 of your total bankroll?
Im I correct? thanks

Sonny said:

2 = +5
3 = +6
4 = +8
5 = +11
6 = +6
7 = +4
8 = 0
9 = -3
T = -7
A = -9

-Sonny-

moo321

Hi-OptII, which you apparently were already using, is the best overall system. WAY better on single and double deck, and somewhat better on shoes than Hi-Lo, KO, Zen, Red7, etc.

There's a section in Blackjack Attack on just this question.

moo321 said:
Hi-OptII, which you apparently were already using, is the best overall system. WAY better on single and double deck, and somewhat better on shoes than Hi-Lo, KO, Zen, Red7, etc.

There's a section in Blackjack Attack on just this question.
I agree. A good choice overall if you only want to ever learn one count.

KOLAN

you can tray my ivarich strategy 2345+1 6789+1 X+1 A 0
samples
2 5 D k A 8 3
1-0-0 2-0-0 2-0-1 2-0-2 2-0-2 2-1-2 3-1-2
minus 1. Results 2-0-1 it is meen left 1 card big. 2 card midle ,0 small card
i belive it is best . :flame:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sonny

KOLAN said:
you can tray my ivarich strategy 2345+1 6789+1 X+1 A 0
samples
2 5 D k A 8 3
1-0-0 2-0-0 2-0-1 2-0-2 2-0-2 2-1-2 3-1-2

minus 1. Results 2-0-1 it is meen left 1 card big. 2 card midle ,0 small card
i belive it is best . :flame:
So what do you do with a count of 3-1-2? How do you use that information for betting and playing?

-Sonny-

KOLAN

Sonny said:
So what do you do with a count of 3-1-2? How do you use that information for betting and playing?

-Sonny-
it is time bet big and dont taik card 14 15 16 duble A2 A7 A8 A9 no duble 89 ( if diler X) :eek: and it is left 5 card :laugh:
i dont know how many deck do you mean