Best Shows in Vegas?

Dyepaintball12

I'm not sure if there has been a thread recently on this topic but I think it would be good to start one!

I was in Vegas last month and saw Jersey Boys and The Lion King. I highly recommend both! Especially Jersey Boys!

I have also seen Barry Manilow and he was great too :p

shadroch

Mac King has the best afternoon show, hands down.
The best evening show depends on your taste- Cirque Soliel has a number of shows- O, Ka and Love are the best in my opnion.
Penn and Teller or Carrot Top are top notch. Cher is outstanding. I enjoyed The Tournament of Kings at Excaliber, as well as Gordie Brown at the Nugget.
i saw the NY version of Jersey boys and it was quite good.

aslan

shadroch said:
Mac King has the best afternoon show, hands down.
The best evening show depends on your taste- Cirque Soliel has a number of shows- O, Ka and Love are the best in my opnion.
Penn and Teller or Carrot Top are top notch. Cher is outstanding. I enjoyed The Tournament of Kings at Excaliber, as well as Gordie Brown at the Nugget.
i saw the NY version of Jersey boys and it was quite good.
Cirque de Soliel's "O" was unbelievable for an indoor aquatic performance. One of my favorites.

Mama Mia was very entertaining if you're from that generation and liked that genre of music. My wife is, and while I didn't especially back then, I do now.

Where is Mac King?

shadroch

Mac King- Harrahs at 1 and 3. National Magician of the year two years in a row.
A mixture of comedy and fantastic sleight of hand magic, his raincoat of invisibility is one of the few "tricks" that no one else has yet mastered.
You can uually get tickets in the courtyard for free admission with the purchase of a $12 cocktail.
Twentyfive years ago, when Mac left Kentucky for the road and the life of a magician, he promised his dieing grandma he would be in bed by 10PM every nite. To this day, he holds true to his word and thus does only daytime shows.

21forme

aslan said:
Mama Mia was very entertaining if you're from that generation and liked that genre of music. My wife is, and while I didn't especially back then, I do now.
We saw Mama Mia on Broadway.
Eh.
If you like Abba music, it's not bad. The show/plot itself was very mediocre.

aslan

21forme said:
We saw Mama Mia on Broadway.
Eh.
If you like Abba music, it's not bad. The show/plot itself was very mediocre.
Agree. It's the music, if you like Abba. Abba is to my wife like Beatles is to early 60's teens.

aslan

ChefJJ said:
O was simply awesome.

Going to see the Lion King in January...Dye says it's good, any other thumbs up for it?
O was awesome, but I got nose bleed from my seats in the ionosphere.

ArcticInferno

O is really the best show in Vegas.
If you want magic, Copperfield is very good.
Penn & Teller are also very good.
Crazy Horse is just a pure sex show; lot's of strategic pubic exposures.
I'm from the East Coast, so would I enjoy Jersey Boys? Hmmm,...

Dyepaintball12

Just saw Blue Man Group, Jersey Boys (again), and "O".

Blue Man Group is the worst thing I have ever experienced and even though I didn't pay for the tickets I sure felt like I paid the price for attending.

Jersey Boys is the best musical I have ever seen.

"O" is definitely good but not as good as some other Cirque's I've seen

This is just my own personal opinion, of course, but here is how I'd rate some of the shows I've seen recently: (YMMV)

MYSTERE 5

PEEPSHOW 3.5

KA 4

THE LION KING 4

SINATRA DANCE WITH ME 3.5

JERSEY BOYS 4.5

BLUE MAN GROUP 4.5

O 4

LE REVE 4.5

LOVE 5

TERRY FATOR 4

VIVA ELVIS 2