Blackjack Science

RedJ said:
I fail to see how you have come to the conclusion that you've scored a win out of that one Zen. Your post was still irrelevant. Yes i see that the spam is a negative thing, i've never stated otherwise. My issue was with your attitude. All i did was ask for a little assistance of the board members.
You know a lot of people have a very negative view on you in the community but quite frankly, as someone who doesn't know you directly, you make it very difficult to like you. You have a sever attitude problem and actually behave in the same negative fashion about bjinfo that radar and stalker do with regard to bjform. It's a little sad to see you living up to the reputation.

21-x-RedJ-x-21
You are right. When you're right you're right. I apologize for being overly critical. Being a moderator can be a thankless job.

So, Red, you are BJINFO's 2000th member. Tell us a little about yourself and your BJ game, please. zg

halcyon1234

Mikeaber said:
Could someone explain to me the motivation behind these obscene or otherwise offensive spam attempts. I simply cannot imagine that they actually result in "customers" or in any other way produce anything beneficial.

Now, if that motivation is for its potential to aggravate, I might could understand. Same way with SPAM eMail. If anything, I make it a point to never buy from a commercial enterprise that sends me unsolicited eMail or SNAILMAIL for that matter.
It's a nuclear bomb approach to advertising. You can't target your advertising, so you drop the biggest thing you can and hope that your intended target gets swept up in the mushroom cloud. There's a sucker born every minute, so if you send out 1,000,000 spams, you'll probably find him.

Keep in mind there's usually two parties involved: the spammer, and the person selling the "merchandise", whatever it may or may not be. The spammer just gets paid to send out X number of advertisements. They don't actually care if the product sells, because the sucker law applies in reverse too. For every million people out there who want to hock some jar-of-crap, there will be at least one willing to pay for a less-than-reputable advertiser.

Personally, I think the only way to break the chain is a twofold attack. Since the majority of spam is for illicit medication:

1) Track down the suppliers. Drag them down to the river and beat them mercilessly. This is just for fun, since there's a million people in line waiting to sell to the hordes of suckers out there. Therefore:
2) After beating the suppliers and snogging them with a porcupine, seize their customer list. Send out a free bottle to ever person who has ordered in the past. On the outside, the bottle should say FR3E S @mpl \/I@gr/-\ (since that's what they're stupid enough to fall for). The inside of the bottle should be a dozen highly concentrated cyanide pills.

Voila! You've (literally) eliminated the customer base for the suppliers. If they can't sell anything, it isn't economical to spam. And as a law of happy unintended consequences, we've cleaned up the gene pool a bit.

OK Zen,
I've been moderator over at BJS for over about 18 months i think. I was moderating there before i really knew as much as i should, but i've learned a lot in the time that i have been moderating.
Previously i have been involved in both some team play and some advanced techniques plays, both of which have been fairly sucessful. I've had my greatest sucess through counting however and tend to focus most of my energy on that as i don't have the bankroll to play professionally.
Oh and Hitmeonemoretime, that's your account activated over at BJS.

21-x-RedJ-x-21

To add to what halcyon was saying,
I find that the vast majority of spam is sex related. Normally catering to one kink or another, aka movie stars, bondage, golden showers ect ect.
These sort of posts actually do generate customers. Somehow, you always find one or two browsers who are dumb enough to click on these links, thinking with their d*** but all they'll get in the end is a virus.

21-x-RedJ-x-21

RedJ said:
To add to what halcyon was saying,
I find that the vast majority of spam is sex related. Normally catering to one kink or another, aka movie stars, bondage, golden showers ect ect.
These sort of posts actually do generate customers. Somehow, you always find one or two browsers who are dumb enough to click on these links, thinking with their d*** but all they'll get in the end is a virus.

21-x-RedJ-x-21
That actually sounds like a good idea, a celebrity virus! I mean, everyone will eventually catch herpes, it might as well be from Paris Hilton, right?

We could set up a lab with cultures of celebrity disease that would be multiplied and sent to willing fans.

Sonny

Automatic Monkey said:
We could set up a lab with cultures of celebrity disease that would be multiplied and sent to willing fans.
And don't forget the t-shirts!

"I Got Crabs from Winona Rider"
"I Got Gonorrhea from Pam Anderson"

-Sonny-

Mikeaber

Without going into the complications of identification, I think what we need is a anti-spam-bot. One that will recognize SPAM, identify the sender and completely destroy the operating system on the machine originating the spam and go on to turn the advertised website into a binary mush!:flame:

bj bob

And don't forget my favorite...

Sonny said:
And don't forget the t-shirts!

"I Got Crabs from Winona Rider"
"I Got Gonorrhea from Pam Anderson"

-Sonny-
I caught a____chromosome(fill in appropriate letter) from Michael Jackson.