Buy- in amount question

bj bob

flysrb said:
I don't count, but always buy-in for $100+ to at least get punched in..I usually don't bet much of a spread..
If you're playing at a $5 min. table and your min. bet is a nickel, there's no problem buyingin for "half & half" (i.e. 20 red and 4 green). It only takes the dealer a split second to fan four greens and keep them as your "backup" pile, especially if you intend to spread to $10 or $15 occasionally. If you are comp sensitive you can also make your larger bets at the beginning when the PB is rating you. Best of both worlds.

flysrb

bj bob said:
If you're playing at a $5 min. table and your min. bet is a nickel, there's no problem buyingin for "half & half" (i.e. 20 red and 4 green). It only takes the dealer a split second to fan four greens and keep them as your "backup" pile, especially if you intend to spread to $10 or $15 occasionally. If you are comp sensitive you can also make your larger bets at the beginning when the PB is rating you. Best of both worlds.
Hey Now! Excellent idea! I usually play a $10 to $15 table(AC = few $5), And do make some quarter bets..I like to bet 2 reds and a pink at a dime table and get that greeny if I win..
As per instructions..I'll buy in for say $200 and split betwrrn red and green...

beat320 said:
Apparentely this is how they figure out comps

[(average bet amount) * (time played) * (house edge on that game)]* 40%= the amount of money they give you for comps....

thats what the travel channel told me anyway, hahaha.
i still say buy-in is a factor, because my comps went up when i moved my buy in from $100 to $300.. i buy in for as much as i feel comfortable with carrying around with me, that being $300-$400.. then again, i have lost $200 in a night flat betting $10, so thats not way too much