Counter BS - Forget the I-18?

KewlJ said:
I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. A player deciding to play CBS is not about simplification, so the player being a novice doesn't enter into it. I mean Illustrious 18 is already simplification. A novice player should be able to learn 18 strategy play changes. He/she doesn't need it any simpler than that.

When a player decides to play CBS, it is about longevity. It is cover. That is a decision an experienced player makes, not a novice, based on his situation, how much he plays and longevity goals and concerns.

If you are advising players to play CBS for simplicity, that is wrong in my opinion. You don't need simpler than Illustrious 18. I am suggesting players may want to consider CBS as cover, for longevity reasons. There is a cost, as Don rightfully points out, but I believe an even bigger benefit.
I can see both sides, but I also use CBS as cover. 16 v 10 etc. I don't love giving up EV, but I do think it helps when playing for longevity. I try to tell myself to just play a little bit longer if I think I'm safe.
But I also use I18 for other plays. Not splitting 10s or anything, but the power of I18 cannot be denied.