CVCX/CVData Suggestions List

QFIT

MJ1 said:
That is a given. Everything users enter is an estimate. We estimate PEN, # players at table, rounds dealt per hour, playing errors, betting errors, dealer errors, etc.

One thing I learned about simulations is that they help us to construct a model based upon many variables. Unfortunately, output can be quite sensitive to some of these variables like PEN. But we do the best that we can. An estimate is certainly better than nothing at all.
Below is a mock-up of a possible Wonging definition screen. Comments welcome.

QFIT

fwb said:
If I enable insurance side counting, I see a significant (12%) reduction in SCORE. Is this expected?

Configuration attached (I think). 3 player single deck Hi Opt II 50% pen.
The Insurance side count used by CVData was designed for HiLo. HiLo has a poor insurance correlation. Hi-Opt II has about the best IC you can find and is not aided by an approximate insurance side count.

MJ1

QFIT said:
Below is a mock-up of a possible Wonging definition screen. Comments welcome.

Nice to see you are implementing this feature!

Okay, are the green numbers at the top of the columns # decks?

I guess the numbers in the columns are TC?

Would Force Shuffle on Exit apply to both Stop Play and Stop Observation?

So far it seems good. Looking forward to seeing this feature completed. It will be interesting to see how much SCORE is gained as a result of stopping observation.

MJ

QFIT

MJ1 said:
Nice to see you are implementing this feature!

Okay, are the green numbers at the top of the columns # decks?

I guess the numbers in the columns are TC?

Would Force Shuffle on Exit apply to both Stop Play and Stop Observation?

So far it seems good. Looking forward to seeing this feature completed. It will be interesting to see how much SCORE is gained as a result of stopping observation.

MJ
Yes numbers are decks. A Multi-betting strategy could still be used to define different segments than whole decks.

Yes FS would apply to both.

The numbers are TC, RC or hand numbers according to the drop downs.

This is just a mock-up.

nightspirit

Is it possible to add jokers to the bonus section in CVData?
The number of jokers per shoe as well as the function of the joker should be modifiable. :joker:

QFIT

nightspirit said:
Is it possible to add jokers to the bonus section in CVData?
The number of jokers per shoe as well as the function of the joker should be modifiable. :joker:
Jokers are on my long-term list. But, I have yet to figure out a method of implementation that doesn't reduce the overall speed.

MJ1

QFIT said:
What kind of additional data is desired? Particularly wonging related?
See Tables 13.9-13.10 in BJA3. Some type of chart similar to these would be ideal! Additionally, you ought to include a row which gives "Shoes Abandoned while Observing" which is most likely Total Shoes Abandoned - Entered Shoes Abandoned.

Also consider adding the standard deviation for % Shoes Entered. This will help team managers to track the efficacy of their spotters. Some spotters are reluctant to call in their BP when the count rises. Others might call in the BP at low counts to boost their earnings. If teams track the spotters win/loss results, why not track their productivity and see where it lies on the bell curve?

I would also suggest increasing the penetration levels from six to eight for penetration level strategies.

MJ

nightspirit

QFIT said:
Jokers are on my long-term list. But, I have yet to figure out a method of implementation that doesn't reduce the overall speed.
Good to hear it's on your list.

Another request, could you make it possible to export playing strategies as Excel-file?

QFIT

nightspirit said:
Good to hear it's on your list.

Another request, could you make it possible to export playing strategies as Excel-file?
Seems like a bit of an odd request. But, it's easy enough to add.

daniel27

Mentor

Can you include more options for Mentor users, i mean 1 hand with negatives and 2 hands with positives TC?, it will be really nice thanks

QFIT

daniel27 said:
Can you include more options for Mentor users, i mean 1 hand with negatives and 2 hands with positives TC?, it will be really nice thanks
This is supported with CVData. It is not possible to support this in a post-sim calculator like CVCX when using a custom TC calculation.

MJ1

MJ1 said:
See Tables 13.9-13.10 in BJA3. Some type of chart similar to these would be ideal! Additionally, you ought to include a row which gives "Shoes Abandoned while Observing" which is most likely Total Shoes Abandoned - Entered Shoes Abandoned.

Also consider adding the standard deviation for % Shoes Entered. This will help team managers to track the efficacy of their spotters. Some spotters are reluctant to call in their BP when the count rises. Others might call in the BP at low counts to boost their earnings. If teams track the spotters win/loss results, why not track their productivity and see where it lies on the bell curve?

I would also suggest increasing the penetration levels from six to eight for penetration level strategies.

MJ
Also include a stat that provides CE/shoe.

fwb

Under nuances, I check off "Keep a log", but after the sim is complete and I go to Tools->View log, I get "No valid log file found."

Why?

QFIT

fwb said:
Under nuances, I check off "Keep a log", but after the sim is complete and I go to Tools->View log, I get "No valid log file found."

Why?
Go to Tools-Export in the main screen with your configuration open and send me the export file.

QFIT

No. You can just change the pivot to zero, gen the indexes, and then scale them up by 40. CVBJ has a feature that does this scaling automatically.

I'll look at this in V5.