CVCX/CVData Suggestions List

Jack_Black

Does CVCX work with a combination of playing 1-2 hands? It seems that you can only have spreads for either/or. I'd like to see if I could get a ramp for 1hand play @TC0, then 2hands at TC2 or something to that effect.

QFIT

Jack_Black said:
Does CVCX work with a combination of playing 1-2 hands? It seems that you can only have spreads for either/or. I'd like to see if I could get a ramp for 1hand play @TC0, then 2hands at TC2 or something to that effect.
In theory, a post-sim calculator like CVCX cannot handle this. However, CVCX will estimate it for TC strategies that use truncation or flooring. Use the spinner at the right of the Two Hands option. Of course CVData handles it exactly.

fwb

Weird bug, not sure out to replicate it (see progress). SCORE should not be this high. Looks like Std Dev is about half of what it should be, but win rate is fine.

Nynefingers

CVCX V4.0.179 bug

I just came across a bug while using CVCX. In short, I put in a combination of conditions that made no sense. Rather than giving me some sort of message stating that it couldn't be done, I got "Run-time error '11': Division by zero" and CVCX closed. The combination of inputs that created this error were selecting "Play Two Hands" and a number greater than 0, and Spread = 1.

Clearly that combination doesn't really work, but I had set spread to 1 to check the HE for my game, then began to actually input my planned bet spread, etc. I've mistakenly input my settings in the wrong order a couple of times resulting in the crash described above, which means I have to start all over. It would be nice if this combo could produce a CVCX error message in the future rather than a crash. Of course, I haven't tried V5 yet, so my apologies if this has already been addressed :)