Fab 4?

I was looking at winning rates at qfit.com and I stumbled across my most likely scenario.

"wong's havles with illustrious 18 / fab 4"

I know the illustrious 18, but what is fab 4?

Thanks!,

Dan

Sonny

The Fab 4 are the most profitable late surrender indices. The Illustrious 18 do not contain any indices for surrender so they were added separately.

-Sonny-

sagefr0g

Jumpfreak888 said:
I was looking at winning rates at qfit.com and I stumbled across my most likely scenario.

"wong's havles with illustrious 18 / fab 4"

I know the illustrious 18, but what is fab 4?

Thanks!,

Dan
this is a link for the fab 4 ...... also you would exercise late surrender for
16v9,10,A as part of basic strategy for a multiple deck game offering late surrender.

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=35914&postcount=2

Badfinger

There are also: 16 vs. 8, 14 vs. 9, 14 vs. A, 88 vs. 10 as useful plays. They reduce your variance, and all but 88 vs. 10 look like something an unskilled player would do.

I call them the "Badfinger" indices. They are not the Fab Four, but they sound just close enough to get you confused!

Kaiser

Do *NOT* remind me of surrendering a pair of 8's against a 10.

My last time out the count well warranted surrendering my pair of 8's. I asked the dealer to surrender, she replied "are you sure?". I said yes. "Most people would split those." I said that's fine, surrender please. I get told by a couple of the table geniuses that you always split aces and eights. I nod politely and don't say anything.

I'm at first base. Dealer takes half my bet. Next card out is a 3. Then a 10. Then another effing 3. Then, you guessed it, another goddamned effing 10. I would have turned that pair of 8's into a pair of doubled 21's.

I wanted to crawl under the table and die.

:mad:

BJgenius007

Kaiser said:

My last time out the count well warranted surrendering my pair of 8's. I asked the dealer to surrender, she replied "are you sure?". I said yes. "Most people would split those." I said that's fine, surrender please. I get told by a couple of the table geniuses that you always split aces and eights. I nod politely and don't say anything.

I don't remember.

Shoofly

Kaiser said:

I'm at first base. Dealer takes half my bet. Next card out is a 3. Then a 10. Then another effing 3. Then, you guessed it, another goddamned effing 10. I would have turned that pair of 8's into a pair of doubled 21's.

At a table the other day, the first time I hit 12 v 4 in a negative count, I was reminded by the dealer that 4 is a bust card. Caught a 10. Several more times during the session I hit 12 v 4, and every time caught a 10. The dealer would just shake her head with that "I told you so" look. Geez.

aslan

Kaiser said:

All thought cease it must. The dark side strong it is. Time next feel you the force, my Jedi friend. With the flow go and may the force with you be.

:joker:

aslan

Shoofly said:
At a table the other day, the first time I hit 12 v 4 in a negative count, I was reminded by the dealer that 4 is a bust card. Caught a 10. Several more times during the session I hit 12 v 4, and every time caught a 10. The dealer would just shake her head with that "I told you so" look. Geez.
I feel so stupid when that happens...:eek: in a superior sort of way. :rolleyes:

Gamblor

aslan said:
I feel so stupid when that happens...:eek: in a superior sort of way. :rolleyes:
Had those days when I constantly bust out on 12 v 2 and A7 v 10, the ploppies think I'm the biggest moron in the world. Not sure whether to laugh or cry :grin:

Last edited:

aslan

Gamblor said:
Had those days when I constantly bust out on 12 v 2 and A7 v 10, the ploppies think I'm the biggest moron in the world. Not sure whether to laugh or cry :grin:
I usually cry. I not only lose my money, but they make me feel like a schmuck, too. :cry: :joker:

Gamblor said:
I just know that my play has me ahead in the long run. The ploppies are digging for more cash or busting out and I am still playing. It is not about one hand or matchup. It is about the sum of them all. I love being able to surrender at max bet. It has a huge impact in the long run.

aslan

tthree said:
I just know that my play has me ahead in the long run. The ploppies are digging for more cash or busting out and I am still playing. It is not about one hand or matchup. It is about the sum of them all. I love being able to surrender at max bet. It has a huge impact in the long run.
Gamblor for sure is aware of that. We all are. It just gripes one, just the same. Especially when it happens all day long. When you've been on the Forum a bit longer you'll realize just how savvy most of the frequent posters are. Basically, the only ones who are not are newbies and/or proponents of voodoo tactics.