Favorite Restaurants, Las Vegas Strip

callipygian

ChefJJ said:
That's just wrong!!! :laugh:
One dude was drunk enough so that he was actually starting to detract from our evening, which was our main motivation for doing it.

He knocked over a glass of red wine (which, in addition to the cost of spilled wine, also stained some people's clothes), and he cussed out the busboy for attempting to remove his bread plate before he was done. :mad:

ChefJJ

callipygian said:
He knocked over a glass of red wine (which, in addition to the cost of spilled wine, also stained some people's clothes), and he cussed out the busboy for attempting to remove his bread plate before he was done. :mad:
Correction...THAT'S just wrong. :cool: Gotta do whatcha gotta do!

good luck

nc-tom

callipygian said:
I'd like to know if anyone has any particular favorite restaurants on the Strip. Price is not a big consideration on either end, but I am looking for nice dinners that aren't mind-bogglingly expensive, so let's set a bottom at $20/entree and a ceiling at $80/entree. Style of food is not a consideration, aside from the fact that it can't be vegetarian. Atmosphere is generally irrelevant, but it can't be a place that would be intolerant of 5-10 non-sober guys who talk loudly.

Prime used to be our go-to place; its quality has declined in the past few years. We tried Mixx and db Brasserie last year; both of those were okay.
The two places I like the best are Gallagers steakhouse in NYNY and the noodle shop in the Belligio. It has been a year since I have been to LV but they have done a good job over the years IMO.